PDA

View Full Version : Best Resort for Gluten Free Travelers to stay at

Alpha Jeanie
09-16-2013, 05:04 PM
We will be traveling to Disney World this spring and need glutenfree dining for 2 members of our family. I know Disney is WONDERFUL with any type of food allergies and gluten free dining. I have seen a list of CS restaurants at each park that "specialize" in allergy dining and have read how wonderful the chefs handle it at TS restaurants. My questions now is if there are any certain resorts that are better for gluten free travelers to stay at? Which resorts have the best accommodations for someone requiring gluten free food?

Thank you for any info. :mickey:

Strmchsr
09-16-2013, 06:34 PM
As far as I've been able to tell, the moderates and deluxe resorts have all been about equally able to accommodate. The values can, but not as many selections. I think Coronado Springs was probably the best because of the uniqueness of the Pepper Market over any other food court.

disneynarula
09-25-2013, 07:26 AM
I don't think that any resort is better than the other when dealing with food intolernances/allergies. Our son has different allergies to food and we have stayed at a vareity of resorts. We found that the food courts at the resorts are the worst places to eat when you need a special food order.

Make sure you talk to a dining manager about your special food needs. Most of the castmembers that work the registers or flip the burgers have no clue what is actually in the food.

I would also recommend eating at off times when possible. At peak times it can take a long time to order a special meal. We waited almost 45 minutes once for a special order.

There are a few food allergy websites dedicated to informing people what their experiences were at different places at WDW. We always check them out and decide ahead of time what we are going to order for DS at each place.

mlbaker1277
10-01-2013, 02:27 PM
I have Celiac Disease, and have been to WDW over 43 times. The best meal I have EVER had was at the Kona Cafe, and the chef came out to talk with me and made me a custom meal. All of them will really work with you, and as I am also a travel agent, I always note any food allergies or sensitivities in the reservation, and also in the dining reservations. That way when you check in for your ADR's they already know that you are coming and have some good gluten free options for you. Food courts sometimes can be tricky with pre made sauces and non dedicated friers, but I agree with Coronado Springs Pepper Market. In FAct, we are going to stay there in 13 days! Good luck
and healthy eating!

mudpuppysmom
10-02-2013, 12:30 PM
I'm not sure there is a best place for anyone with allergies, but as you said, Disney is very accommodating. Our son has several food allergies and most restaurants were quite helpful. One place that we love to eat, Tusker House, had the chef come out and go over the buffet with me and when I questioned him on something, he didn't know the answer, so we stayed away from that din. There was a limited amount of food our son could eat, but we make the best of it! Get in contact with special diet department and they may be able to recommend a resort that has more offerings over another resort. The planners in that department are wonderful when I am in contact with them!