PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom

quack arf squeak
09-14-2013, 03:13 PM
So there are a total of seven rides {attractions} in the park and two of them are carnival type rides. Even for a half day stopby its not worth the money or time. When will they start making this park more desirable:confused:?

SBETigg
09-14-2013, 03:35 PM
I really enjoy the Animal Kingdom, though of course I would also enjoy some expansion. But it's not just about rides. It's about the experience. If you take your time and let it all unfold around you, you will get so much more out of the park. It has great theming. I can spend hours looking at the animals around the park and on the trails. If you go just looking for rides, yes, this park might be a bit of a letdown and your time will be better spent at other parks. But if your interests are more diverse and you enjoy nature and animals and you enjoy taking in some shows, the park has more to offer.

faline
09-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Have you been to Animal Kingdom?

There are a couple of very good shows there - Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo. Additionally, there are some really nice walking trail where you get to see animals.

Do you consider the Safari a ride and/or attraction or is that something you don't count either?

If all you want to do is go on rides then this definitely not the park for you.

Pop Centurion
09-14-2013, 04:13 PM
If all you want to do is go on rides then this definitely not the park for you.

I agree. AK is an experience not an amusement park. Heck this could actually be said for all 4 parks. As mentioned, consider the two walking safari treks, and shows as they are some of the highlights of the park. The walking trails around the Tree Of Life are often overlooked and offer some unique views as well as wildlife that goes unnoticed. There are many hidden gems throughout the park & some great story lines.
I suggest doing some research on all the hidden magic the park offers so when you do go next time, things will be much more interesting.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-14-2013, 04:29 PM
I love the Animal Kingdom and I also like that its only a half day park for us, unlike MK and Epcot where the entire day is so hectic trying to do everything...don't get me wrong those two are my favorites but I like the slower pace of AK, its a more relaxing day more about taking in the atmosphere plus I have half a day to do something else....good day to resort hop:mickey:

2MuchWDFun
09-14-2013, 05:13 PM
AK is a favorite for our family--we usually go twice during a one week visit. We love walking all the trails, animals (especially being able to see the tigers so close), Everest, Dinosaur, eating at Yak & Yeti and the Nemo stage show. What really seals the deal for us are all the details--they are incredible.

I recommend checking out the documentaries on the making of the AK park and the Expedition Everest ride specifically--they will give you an appreciation for the research that is done and then intricately implemented by the Disney imagineers.

I think the expansion will make it even better!

Itchy
09-14-2013, 06:02 PM
I agree. I like AK for what it is. I short it is not what you see it is what you don't see that in important.

It is all about the animals and the rides are just the icing on the cake. The animal are the most important part of this park that is why they call it the Animal Kingdom.

I may not be into the rides and I get it done in 4 to 5 hrs but it is Disney World and they have brought one of the best animal exhibits to the area you would hope to find.

Enjoy it for what it is....:mickey:

quack arf squeak
09-14-2013, 06:35 PM
So maybe Ill save myself a couple hundred dollars and take my family to our local zoo.:ack:

Opus X
09-14-2013, 07:55 PM
So maybe Ill save myself a couple hundred dollars and take my family to our local zoo.:ack:
A.K. is nothing like a Zoo or a thrill ride park.
It is Disney at its best with theming and atmosphere..education.
When we first went to A.K. I did not know what to expect...WOW, was I not only impressed....we ALWAYS goto A.K. EVERY visit. The whole park has GREAT theming.
E.E. is a top notch coaster and the Rapids is a great raft ride.
Yes, there are animals..but not in a zoo way. I live near the number one zoo in America...The Columbus, Ohio zoo....and it is nothing like A.K.
Jack Hannah is famous due to what he did to the columbus zoo. But, Folks that compare A.K. to a zoo just simply have either never been there or hasnt a clue. Some folks may not like A.K. and thats ok, but...Again, we have the best zoo around right here in Ohio but A.K. is fantastic in its own right. :thumbsup::mickey:
P.S. the more I go..the more I love it. Just like the Studios.

Opus X
09-14-2013, 07:58 PM
AK is a favorite for our family--we usually go twice during a one week visit. We love walking all the trails, animals (especially being able to see the tigers so close), Everest, Dinosaur, eating at Yak & Yeti and the Nemo stage show. What really seals the deal for us are all the details--they are incredible.

I recommend checking out the documentaries on the making of the AK park and the Expedition Everest ride specifically--they will give you an appreciation for the research that is done and then intricately implemented by the Disney imagineers.

I think the expansion will make it even better!
Agreed:thumbsup:

joanna71985
09-14-2013, 08:23 PM
I don't have any problems spending a whole day at AK. I love walking the 2 animal trails (especially watching the tigers). Plus Finding Nemo and FotLK are 2 of the best shows on property (and I can easily see both more then once a day).

Opus X
09-14-2013, 08:53 PM
So there are a total of seven rides {attractions} in the park and two of them are carnival type rides. Even for a half day stopby its not worth the money or time. When will they start making this park more desirable:confused:?
Also, its the 7th most visited park in the WORLD...7th only to other Disney parks...
Id say it is desirable. :mickey:

Katzateer
09-14-2013, 09:13 PM
It is not my favorite park and a half day is enough for me, but it is a great park! The theming, details, shows and food are highlights and of course, the animals. Can't wait for new expansions but for now, I still think it is worth a visit.

2MuchWDFun
09-15-2013, 09:01 AM

Yes--the animals are an important part of the park--but the theming details are a-m-a-z-i-n-g!! We lived in San Diego for 20 years and visited the San Diego Zoo (notably one of the best zoos in the world) many times.

To answer your original question--"When will they start making this park more desirable?",
for our family it is already a desireable park; obviously for you and your family it is not.

AK is not "only a zoo". It has unique features that give a visitor unusual access to animals (the tigers and bat enclosures immediately come to mind)--but Disney also has integrated some incredible rides,attractions & ambience.

Maybe the Avatar area expansion will add the attractions and rides you are looking for.

kakn7294
09-15-2013, 12:47 PM

Stop trying to convince the OP to like Animal Kingdom! If he/she doesn't like it and appreciate it for what it is, then definitely, it's not for him/her. The local zoo would be a far better choice.

My family and I enjoy Animal Kingdom but I would not travel a thousand miles or spend that much money to go only to that particular park. But as part of the whole package including the 3 other parks, it's great! I likely would also not travel for DHS if it was a stand-alone park either. At the very least, they wouldn't be an annual trip.

Kenny1113
09-15-2013, 01:21 PM
I really enjoy the Animal Kingdom, though of course I would also enjoy some expansion. But it's not just about rides. It's about the experience. If you take your time and let it all unfold around you, you will get so much more out of the park. It has great theming. I can spend hours looking at the animals around the park and on the trails. If you go just looking for rides, yes, this park might be a bit of a letdown and your time will be better spent at other parks. But if your interests are more diverse and you enjoy nature and animals and you enjoy taking in some shows, the park has more to offer.

I agree with this. I used to hate AK, with the narrow walkways and it was always hot when we went. However several trips ago I was able to stop and look at the details (especially at the area around EE). This really is a perfect display of what it is-a theme park. That being said we are usually able to see it all in alttle over half a day, which does make it hard to justify the $$ for a short time. Like a PP said with hoppers or multiday pass this park is great! :)

mgmnut
09-15-2013, 01:54 PM
We enjoy Animal Kingdom very much, we spend a little more than 1/2 days there. Some trips we end up going a couple of times.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-15-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm another one who is "blah" on AK.

I do enjoy the Safari, and we've really enjoyed our time at Conservation Station (two great surgeries to watch), but overall, it just doesn't do it for me.

Now, what Disney has done is awesome, Harambe Village, for example, is amazing. But, overall, I don't love the park and we've sent DH on his own to AK on some trips.

VacationDisney
09-15-2013, 03:59 PM
Now that more things are in AK for us to see and do we find we are there for almost an entire day. In the past we would be out by 1 or 2 but not any more:cloud9:

We only spend 1 day at AK but we looking forward to the park and all the things it has to offer.

Lindsey310
09-15-2013, 05:16 PM
We love animal kingdom and it may be one of our favorite parks but additions are always good to keep it fresh. However, I feel like Hollywood studios needs more of an expansion than AK.

We love the safari and the whole theming of the resort. I love walking through Africa and Asia and just looking around. All the small details that went into this park is what makes it beautiful. Every time we go to disney, we have to go here. I could in fact, skip Hollywood studios though. :mickey:

34 days and counting :joy:

Opus X
09-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Stop trying to convince the OP to like Animal Kingdom! If he/she doesn't like it and appreciate it for what it is, then definitely, it's not for him/her. The local zoo would be a far better choice.

My family and I enjoy Animal Kingdom but I would not travel a thousand miles or spend that much money to go only to that particular park. But as part of the whole package including the 3 other parks, it's great! I likely would also not travel for DHS if it was a stand-alone park either. At the very least, they wouldn't be an annual trip.
Not trying to convince them to like it....although its anyones right to do that......but really just pointing out the errors in statements as to why they dont like it.
Its not a zoo....its not what they described it as.
They didnt say "desirable" to them....they said its not desirable....and of course it is.
Big difference. It is VERY desirable to the masses.
obviously...just being picky...from both sides..but, Its sunday and a great day for a good back and forth debate...;-)

kakn7294
09-15-2013, 07:03 PM
If you look at it from the OP's point of view, it's not desirable to pay that much for 7 rides and 4 shows. If it wasn't part of the bigger picture, I wouldn't do it either.

Opus X
09-15-2013, 08:05 PM
If you look at it from the OP's point of view, it's not desirable to pay that much for 7 rides and 4 shows. If it wasn't part of the bigger picture, I wouldn't do it either.
Na, I think they are just tough to please...:D kidding.
But, seriously, Why even goto WDW. If one is looking for thrill rides...etc.
Disney is much more and different than a six flags style park. I mean A.K. is a VERY unique park...none other like it on earth. Of course, not everyone will like it.
But, again, it was described incorrectly from the beginning. The premise is incorrect.
My point was....A.K. is the 7th most popular theme park. CLEARLY, its desirable.
The whole first post just seems....troll like. ymmv.
But, yeah if some one doesnt like it STAY HOME....less lines for me to wait in.
But, since its the 7th most visited park....i figure ill still have to wait a bit....;-)

Altair
09-15-2013, 08:41 PM
If it wasn't part of the bigger picture, I wouldn't do it either.

Exactly, if this park was in Miami or Tampa would so many people go out of their way to visit? AK benefits from the captive audience, you purchase a four day or more pass, you probably visit four different parks. The fact that it does not have the fourth largest attendance speaks volumes.

badkitty
09-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Okay, but it is 4th in North America, beating out DHS and both Universal parks.

Luckily, we have a choice to go to AK or not go. I prefer to go. It is my favorite of all four WDW parks (second only to Disneyland for me) and I can easily spend all day (and multiple days) there. That said, I am also an amimal lover so that may make a difference.

If it is thrill rides you want, head to Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, California. There are 18 coasters there.

DisneyKim22
09-15-2013, 09:01 PM
I used to be in the "Eh, AK's okay" camp, but over the years it has really grown on me and I appreciate the details a lot more than I did in the beginning. My DH really enjoys AK, and he's made me see it through his eyes - which is funny since he's not a big Disney World fan to begin with (yet I still married him.....that's real love right there!). We don't usually spend a full day there, but at least a good half day or a bit more.

I won't try to convince you to love it, or even like it, but just keep in mind that it is not "just a zoo".

quack arf squeak
09-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Well, I see the Disney militants are out in force once again. Stone the outsider who doesn't blindly follow the crowds. He doesn't love the theming? Stone him he's a witch! All I'm saying is to travel 1200 miles, book a hotel room and spend hundreds of dollars just to fill a fourth day in WDW just doesn't make sense to me. We usually go to AK first thing in the morning, head back to our room for a rest, then go to EPCOT once it gets dark. If there were more to do after the seven attractions and 20 minutes gazing at the animals we'd be much happier. Apparently the people at Disney agree with me seeing how they're considering raising the MK prices above the other parks prices.

TheVBs
09-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Oh my. I don't think this is a witch hunt. I think other people are expressing their opinions - just like you are. The beautiful part of all this? You don't HAVE to go to AK if you don't like it. There's nothing wrong with that. Use your passes to go to another park that you enjoy more. It's all good. :thumbsup::mickey:

Opus X
09-16-2013, 12:02 AM
Well, I see the Disney militants are out in force once again. Stone the outsider who doesn't blindly follow the crowds. He doesn't love the theming? Stone him he's a witch! All I'm saying is to travel 1200 miles, book a hotel room and spend hundreds of dollars just to fill a fourth day in WDW just doesn't make sense to me. We usually go to AK first thing in the morning, head back to our room for a rest, then go to EPCOT once it gets dark. If there were more to do after the seven attractions and 20 minutes gazing at the animals we'd be much happier. Apparently the people at Disney agree with me seeing how they're considering raising the MK prices above the other parks prices.
Actually, for a multi day myw ticket you arent paying much at all to goto A.K.
When you post an opinion....expect point/counterpoint. What did you expect..folks to agree with you?:mickey:

NJGIRL
09-16-2013, 12:32 AM
Sorry but I do think it's a full day park. We get there about 9 in the morning and usually leave about 5. We find plenty to do in that time frame and there are still a few shows we haven't seen yet and we never do the carnival rides. We are not parade people either. There are some attractions we do more than once since they are so fun.

I wouldn't mind a few new rides, but I'm not worrying about it.

I suggest to people who rush through this park to do the wildlife walks. There is so much to see if you take your time and look around. The Tree of Life is really cool up close. Walk around it and take in the carvings, they are amazing.

AgentC
09-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Animal Kingdom tends to draw strong feelings. I really enjoy it but I can understand why others might not.

It doesn't tend to be a full day park for me since it has shorter hours and I use the opportunity to do something else we like with part of the day. The rest of my family doesn't like it as much as me, so we don't even go on every trip.

As someone else mentioned there are plenty of things to do at WDW, so if Animal Kingdom isn't your thing, I wouldn't go.

Now if your question really is, "shouldn't they add more attractions to Animal Kingdom" , you might get a different response. I think most people would welcome more to do at AK. It has been a long time since they announced Avatar and there really isn't anything on the horizon.

I think it would be nice if they added something that would make AK more of a night time park. I miss the evening EMH at AK. It is really a beautiful park at night but it closes so early compared to the other parks .

gueli
09-16-2013, 06:57 AM

Interesting OP.
Your reply though certainly seems to indicate you are looking for some sort of argument...the Disney militants ? really.
So your on a board that is talking all about Disney. Mostly why people like/dislike certain things, and information from other people who have been there. but now they are militants for expressing their point of view ?

Look, if you do not think its worth spending your money based upon what you see there, then do what you think is best.

It is a Disney themed animal sanctuary. Should they expand it to include more rides ? I would like that idea. but that was not your OP.

As to the Disney people being on board - well technically they are not. you mention the idea of raising the price above the rest at MK to support your theory, but that argument doesn't hold water, as now you are grouping in epcot & DHS into the argument.
Lets face it the main idea behind raising prices at MK would be for the single day park goer- multi day passes would negate the effectiveness of raising the price at only 1 park (thus they can extoll the virtue of the value of the multiday pass over a single park pass).

a couple of other random points:
If you are going to WDW then you are following the crowds. whether you do it blindly or not...isn't that up to you.

I do not think getting the 'witch' stoned is a good idea :D perhaps sharing a beer :cheers:
one never knows what spells they will cast...
And if you do not like the theming...well do what you need to.

For me my fourth day down in Florida will be spent at Universal...

In any case.. have a nice day.
:pixie:
:thumbsup:

TheVBs
09-16-2013, 07:26 AM
Good points Gueli. Unfortunately there is a certain type of poster that will follow a particular formula no matter what is said. That formula is: "If I disagree with you, I'm expressing my right to have an opinion. If you disagree with me, you're shouting me down, being militant, etc." Fill in any equivalent term at the end of that last sentence. They either don't care that they're doing that, or they're oblivious to the contradiction.

LVT
09-16-2013, 10:41 AM
I see your point. We have always used park hopper tickets, so all parks are the same value to us. We hit 2 or more daily. 1 day tickets or the 1 park per day tickets seem like a rip off.
Our trips are at least a week so we always go to AK. We love the shows and animals and trails. The tickets are heavily weighted toward the longer trips having the greatest value.

Opus X
09-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Sorry but I do think it's a full day park. We get there about 9 in the morning and usually leave about 5. We find plenty to do in that time frame and there are still a few shows we haven't seen yet and we never do the carnival rides. We are not parade people either. There are some attractions we do more than once since they are so fun.

I wouldn't mind a few new rides, but I'm not worrying about it.

I suggest to people who rush through this park to do the wildlife walks. There is so much to see if you take your time and look around. The Tree of Life is really cool up close. Walk around it and take in the carvings, they are amazing.
Yep..the tree alone takes a nice half hour. And the trails ae our favourite part. Its just a nice easy park to be lazy in. Certainly a whole day park.
We rode E.E. 2 times and rapids twice. After you see a couple shows and do the trails and safari...alot of time goes by. Its definitely a slow paced park.

Opus X
09-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Good points Gueli. Unfortunately there is a certain type of poster that will follow a particular formula no matter what is said. That formula is: "If I disagree with you, I'm expressing my right to have an opinion. If you disagree with me, you're shouting me down, being militant, etc." Fill in any equivalent term at the end of that last sentence. They either don't care that they're doing that, or they're oblivious to the contradiction.
I know alot of people like that....if they disagree...its "ok"..but if I disagree....then I(we) are closed minded....or We are militant...
Those folks are usually VERY limited intellectually.
I love a good debate. Never take it personal and I will always shake when done with the debate...Disney or politics...:thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
09-16-2013, 01:22 PM

Agreed. It's not very everyone. I personally think there are dozens of attractions at AK, including the shows and the animal walking trails. The good news is if a family doesn't like AK, there are 3 other theme parks and 2 water parks, and DDT and resorts to enjoy instead! Personally, after decades of going to WDW and watching our family grow up with WDW, AK has probably become our favorite park. It's very relaxing. And with wild animals as part of the attractions, it's different each time.

quack arf squeak
09-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Try as I might, I just can't seem to find where I said that I don't like the Animal Kingdom. Quite the opposite. What I was trying to convey was that with more attractions it would be more worthwhile. Right from the start I get a dozen people telling me that they love to just walk around and take in the theming. Fine. But that doesn't change the way I feel. So then I'm told to stay home and even that I have limited intelligence. Sooo.. I see what I'm dealing with here. Love Disney right or wrong but don't dis the mouse.:ack:

Dulcee
09-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Try as I might, I just can't seem to find where I said that I don't like the Animal Kingdom. Quite the opposite. What I was trying to convey was that with more attractions it would be more worthwhile. Right from the start I get a dozen people telling me that they love to just walk around and take in the theming. Fine. But that doesn't change the way I feel. So then I'm told to stay home and even that I have limited intelligence. Sooo.. I see what I'm dealing with here. Love Disney right or wrong but don't dis the mouse.:ack:

Seems to me you posted your opinion hoping more people would agree... and weren't pleased when only a few did. You started the discussion, be prepared for it to go many directions.

We spend 2 full days at Animal Kingdom usually. Love the park, it takes you away from the normal chaos of the parks. As others have said if all your looking for is "rides" and especially thrill rides it won't appeal to you. Thats ok.

We spent two hours alone on the Tiger trail our last trip which I'd far rather do then ride back to back roller coasters.

2Epcot
09-16-2013, 06:50 PM
The same complaints I've heard about Animal Kingdom, I've heard about Epcot as well ... Not enough rides. The people who only do rides, are often dissapointed at some of the Disney Parks, and maybe they'd be better off going to a Six Flags. I enjoy Animal Kingdom as well as all the Disney Parks and can make a full day out of any of them. I've never understood the "this-is-a-half-day-park" thing.

Pop Centurion
09-16-2013, 06:53 PM
Disney Militants? I don't think anyone attacked you but rather gave valid points as to why it's more than you perceived it to be in your description. You didn't offer any valid points of your own other than to describe it as an overpriced zoo with very limited rides. Which it obviously is not.

quack arf squeak
09-16-2013, 09:12 PM
No valid points? Point 31 There are only seven rides/attractions. Point#2 I personally don't find it worth wasting a fully day there. Simple question; when will they invest some money into making it a more desirable park. They just spent millions adding to the MK which is the most popular park already. I just wonder why the never added the other areas they've been talking about for the last ten years. Wasn't there supposed to be a mythical land with dragons or such? Sorry but it's my not my idea of fun to stare at some elk or a bush for half a day.

Opus X
09-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Disney Militants? I don't think anyone attacked you but rather gave valid points as to why it's more than you perceived it to be in your description. You didn't offer any valid points of your own other than to describe it as an overpriced zoo with very limited rides. Which it obviously is not.
Well stated.:thumbsup:

Pop Centurion
09-16-2013, 10:03 PM
I don't like to keep this debate going but saying that only having 7 rides/attractions isn't a valid reason to dislike a park. The rides aren't what defines it (except to you)
You're entitled to your opinion but comments like "looking at an elk or bush" isn't going to validate your argument. In fact I find your arguments on the uneducated & juvenile side. I just think you're getting overly offensive towards everyone here because the responses aren't what you expected. maybe I'm out of line here as well & I apologize to everyone if I am but the thing that bothered me most was when you called people Disney Militants. To me Intercot is the most friendly Disney forum around. Everyone here has always been respectable towards others opinions and debated them in a manner that you walked away with a better understanding of everyone's view. It's almost like family here!

NJGIRL
09-17-2013, 11:26 AM
*****************Moderator Warning**************

Let's keep this discussion friendly.

We are most certainly not Militants on INTERCOT. We all have things we like about WDW and things we dislike about WDW. On INTERCOT we are free to voice an opinion without calling each other names.

If Animal Kingdom is not your cup of tea there are three other theme parks to spend your time at. There is really something for everyone on a WDW vacation. :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
09-17-2013, 02:06 PM
I can understand the OP's frustration with DAK.. I felt that way about the park as well, at one point.. And many people still feel DAK is only a half day park... They are not wrong for feeling that way... Technically it is justified... However, as with everything else, opinions will vary... Here is a post, IO just posted it again in the DAK Theme Parks thread... I'll post it here too.. In no way is this meant to try to convince the OP to feel differently:

Animal Kingdom is fastly becoming my favorite theme park in Walt Disney World... While I enjoy all the parks, there is something about Animal Kingdom that grips me... What exactly is it about Animal Kingdom that I love so much??? I am not sure... Maybe it is the theme... Maybe it is the story... Maybe it is the scenary... Maybe it is the attention to detail the Imagineers put in designing the park... Maybe, it is the fact that it is a different kind of theme park that I like so much...

When Animal Kingdom first opened, I admit, I hated it... I felt the park was too big, too spaced out... Too much walking had to be done, which tired you out too fast, especially in the hot Florida summer sun... There were not enough ride, not emough to do.. Animal Kingdom was, in the begnning, nothing but a half day park, and really, a waste of a day... In my opinion...

But now, I can spend the entire day in Animal Kingdom... I can spend half the morning just walking around taking in the scenary, exploring Discovery trails... I can spend a lot of time in the queues, checking out the artifacts, and piecing together the story the Imagineers are trying to tell with the attraction... When I walk through Africa, I feel like I am atually transported to a real African village, waiting to take a real life African safari... Exiting Africa and entering Asia, I am transported to the Asian continent; where I can explore the Asian forests and jungles, see the animals in person that call Asia their home, and where I can climb to the top of Mount Everest and encounter the mythical yeti... I can travel over a billion years back in time and visit the age of the dinosaurs, and become sidetracked by a hokey road side carnival that is grossly out place and extremely tack, yet very fun at the same time... And then finally, over to a desert oasis, where we find out how tough it is to be a bug, and where the Tree of Life inspires us to respect and appreciate all forms life, whether human or animal or otherwise...

Sure, Animal Kingdom is not a complete theme park, not by any Disney theme park standard... But, what the park lacks in rides it makes up for in theme, in detail.. There are plenty of hidden trails for you to explore... There is plenty to see and more to do than one might think... Would Beastly Kingdomme have solved this issue??? Don't know, and we never will, so ther really is no sense dwelling on it.... Would a new land help out?? Well, it cannot hurt... The Austrialian Outback or even Mysterious Island complete with Tokyo DisneySea's Journey to the Center of the Earth attraction will do wonders for Animal Kingdom... But, again, no sense dwelling on something that is not here... Let's just appreciate what we do have, and enjoy Animal Kingdom for what it is... A theme park wonder and an Imagineering triumph...

NJGIRL
09-17-2013, 02:36 PM
DisneyFreak, I think the way that you experience AK is probably what the Disney Imagineers were trying to accomplish when they built the park.

In all honesty, I really don't agree with keeping wild animals in any kind of enclosure, I feel they should be free in their natural habitat. That includes zoos, theme parks, water parks etc. This is part of the reason it's at the bottom of my Disney theme park list, BUT I know it is done and appreciate the park for what it is and do enjoy our time there.