PDA

View Full Version : Brief Dining Reviews

awaggett
09-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Just returned from a long weekend at the World and wanted to share some brief dining reviews. All in all it was a GREAT trip!

Beaches and Cream: This was a first for us--lunch on our first day. Food was good; service was great; loved the theme of restaurant. Definitely want to go back here to try one of the sundaes or dessert!

QS at Mexico in Epcot: We decided to "wing it" our first night at Epcot, but were unable to get a walk-in (MK was closed for Night of Joy). QS at Mexico was okay--steak tacos (small portion, okay flavor) and nachos (huge portion, good). Not a must do, but okay.

QS at Captain Cook's: Went here specifically for Tonga Toast (Kona not taking walk-ins--we were not having good luck!). Awesome as usual! Realized after they did not have the fruit topping, but we obviously didn't miss it!

BOG--Lunch: Waited about 25 minutes or so. Food was great we had the Braised Pork and Turkey Sandwich. Both were great. I was able to substitute the green beans for the fries with the sandwich. Definitely better than average turkey sandwich. Portions were pretty big. We ate in the West Wing, but checked out all the rooms--would definitely go back.

Artist Point--Dinner: Finally, we were successful with a walk-in (this was a last minute trip and we didn't do much planning). I had the mushroom soup (YUM!) and heirloom tomato salad. We also had the chicken entree. I've eaten here before and love the salmon, but was a bit full from our BOG lunch. I think this restaurant is beautiful, it was fairly empty this night. Unfortunately our server was not good--but I'd still go back.

Boardwalk Bakery--Breakfast: We had the biscuit sandwich and bread bowl with eggs and potatoes; both served with fruit. Both were great and fresh, and seemed like a good value. We did not get mugs this trip, I got a soda, the Rapid Fill machine said I got four refills in an hour (only got one!). Definitely would go back (and did the next day!).

Yak and Yeti--lunch: really enjoyed our meal here--we had the lettuce cup appetizer, honey chicken (I think?), and stir-fry vegetables. All were good. It was a nice break to sit down inside (why is AK so hot?!?). I'd go back.

ESPN Sport Zone--dinner: Not my choice, it was fine. Staying at the BWI we ended up going here a few times when coming back from park--enjoyed that, but would not go out of my way for a meal here.

Coral Reef--lunch: I've read the reviews, mostly bad; however, we were meeting up with folks that really wanted to go. The space is great--beautiful, great views, etc. The food was eh. I had the Curry Vegetable bowl; others had the Lobster Mac and Cheese and Trout. None of us were wowed. Our server was not good. Would not be on my list to go back.

Tangierine Cafe--dinner: Finally got here (been meaning to the past few trips). This was really good--we got the vegetable platter and the lamb shwarma platter--both were great. It was a ton of food. Would definitely go back.

Kouzzina--breakfast: I've been here a few times, and have loved it (met Cat Cora last May!). Food was great (blueberry pancakes, Turkey Sweet Potato Hash, Breaksfast Skillet), but service was horrible. The manager finally came to take our orders. If this had been my first experience I'd be iffy on a return, but we really enjoy the food, so will give it another go!

Snacks: Finally tried the jalepeno pretzel (found it in AK)--yum!; lots of popcorn; Dole Whip float; ice cream in France (didn't love the salted caramel, but the creaminess was great); ice wine in Germany (always a must!).

Seems like we ate a lot, but that is just part of our fun. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the reviews:mickey: