PDA

View Full Version : Ohanas vs Artist Point

jclightchasr
09-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Which do you prefer and why?

faline
09-13-2013, 09:56 AM
It's hard to compare these two as they are two very different styles of restaurant.

O'Hana's has a rather lively atmosphere with kid activities occurring during the meal as well as the bustle of wait staff bringing around skewers of meat, poultry and shrimp. The meal is served family style and is a fixed menu.

Artist Point is a table service, a la carte venue. Here, the atmosphere is more laid back and it's all about the dining.

Both are very good choices but I would not be able to pick one over the other as I see them as being in two distinct, and different, categories of dining.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Ohanas is our favorite restaurant so far its the steak, the dumplings and peanut sauce are divine so is the bread pudding....we've never eaten at Artist Point and its menu is not as appealing to me as the other signature restaurants

Scar
09-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Pretty hard to compare.

Ate at each once. Artist Point was one of the best meals I've ever had at WDW. 'Ohana was one of the worst.

SurferStitch
09-13-2013, 11:53 AM
I know a lot of people love Artist Point, but we ate there once, and that was more than enough for us. Half raw, bland scallops and unseasoned beef (I mean, nothing was seasoned at all), bad/uninterested server, tiny table stuck back in a corner behind a huge column.... Nothing was good about this meal (except when we got to leave). Made me so sorry we didn't book a THIRD dinner at Narcoossee's that trip!

But now 'Ohana... we love it here! Always great food and service.

ThanxForNoticin
09-13-2013, 12:56 PM
We really like both places, but nothing compares to 'OHana for us. Been there many times, and really enjoyed just about all of them a great deal.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-13-2013, 02:00 PM
If its just me and the wife, probably Artists Point (we did it once) and if the whole family (3 kids) without doubt Ohana.

But as others have said, they are so varied in atmosphere and cuisine, its really not a good comparison.

Dulcee
09-13-2013, 02:16 PM
As others have said they are so totally and completely different.

We enjoy Ohanas but we enjoy it for the experience and the atmosphere. Its great with a big group of people.

But we love Artist Point for the food and fine dining aspect. I had dreams about the venison carpaccio I had there last trip.

If I could only choose one I"d go Artist Point.

VWL Mom
09-13-2013, 02:24 PM
If your doing the DDP keep in mind OHana is 1 TS and Artist Point is 2TS. We like both but as other's have said they're two different experiences.

One reason we like AP is because their menu (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/wilderness-lodge-resort/artist-point/menus/) is different than others on property, geared more towards the Pacific Northwest. If you haven't checked out the menu you may want to do so. If I had to select between the two, I would go with Artist Point.

Crow
09-14-2013, 01:34 PM
never ate at Ohanas...AP ive done a few times and its one of my favs..cant beat WL. Ive had buffalo, salmon and the mushroom soup is great

CaptSmee
09-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Ohanas hands down :cloud9:

DonaldDuckUSA
09-17-2013, 02:42 PM
I thought Artist Point was a really elegant meal. Tremendously beautiful environment and lovely presentation.

The menu, to me, had dishes that I felt were more unique than Ohana. In other words, menu items that I can't necessarily get other places or make myself.

Artist Point is probably less lively than Ohana. I remember the Ohana meal being an eventful affair.

Ohana's view is BEAUTIFUL of the lake and MK.

I found the staff to be less friendly at Ohana and it seems like AP has more professionally trained staff. I could be wrong, but its just what I experienced.

Both were delicious, but it depends on the experience you want and which menu looks better.

GoBlueLacheta
09-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Really apples and oranges comparing the two. We really enjoy both. Artist Point does feel truly different and a nice regionally inspired menu. Ohana is fun, has its' own charm, and seems very "Disney" while you are in there.

Too many times, a lot of the dining experiences have similar offerings because they want to keep the menus simple and easy to crank out and keep consistent. Also, wanting to appease most guests and their tastes.

The setting is fairly nice, and it is quieter in AP and you are talking about two different price points. We are doing both on our upcoming trip. Deciding between both would be difficult, but Ohana will always be a special place for us.

disneynarula
09-20-2013, 09:55 AM
It's hard to compare the two.
I prefer AP but I am not a huge fan of O'Hana. I prefer a quiet meal and I like my food plated pleasingly.

O'Hana is probably more "fun" if you want a lively atmosphere. You also get more food if you are a big eater.

If you are on the dining plan AP is two credits. Although, if you are paying out of pocket it can cost about the same depending on when you go.

It sort of annoys me that the all you care to eat places charge more in high season or on the weekends.