PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk parking

K8screen
09-13-2013, 08:24 AM
We are staying off property but we would like to visit Boardwalk one evening. We probably won't have dinner reservations. Where should we park? I seem to remember years ago having quite an argument with attendant at the boardwalk parking lot before he let us in even though we did have ressies (I think!) we haven't been back since.

faline
09-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Boardwalk parking fills up quite quickly. My understanding is that you should be given a 3 hour parking pass to visit Boardwalk - not sure why the attendant gave you a hard time unless the lot was full.

I didn't use it but also understand there is an additional parking lot across the street when the Boardwalk lot is full.

Strmchsr
09-13-2013, 10:10 AM
I didn't use it but also understand there is an additional parking lot across the street when the Boardwalk lot is full.

That's correct. You can also use Valet parking at the Boardwalk, which removes the 3 hour time limit. The only issue you might have is they don't want you parking at Boardwalk to go to the parks, but if you're planning on eating/shopping there at the resort it shouldn't be a big deal.

Polynesian Dweller
09-13-2013, 11:13 AM
That's correct. You can also use Valet parking at the Boardwalk, which removes the 3 hour time limit. The only issue you might have is they don't want you parking at Boardwalk to go to the parks, but if you're planning on eating/shopping there at the resort it shouldn't be a big deal.

True it shouldn't be if only going to the Boardwalk. But, there are times when the resort lots can get very full and then the resorts own guests have difficulty finding spots (and trust me that's horrible to not find parking in your home resort). That's when the guards will be stricter about parking. The lots are not designed for theme park parking capacities. The hotel's guests really don't have other options while visitors do.

mozman
09-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Slightly off-topic, but related..... if you have the Tables in Wonderland discount card, you get free valet parking. I think its only up to 3 hours. Plenty of time for dinner and a little shopping. :mickey:

Strmchsr
09-13-2013, 02:38 PM
But, there are times when the resort lots can get very full and then the resorts own guests have difficulty finding spots (and trust me that's horrible to not find parking in your home resort).

No doubt. I've had that problem at every deluxe we've stayed at. They're all bad for filling up and being difficult for home resort guests to find a spot.

K8screen
09-14-2013, 08:35 AM
We weren't planning to use the BW lot to go to the parks, just to go to the boardwalk stores and a restaurant. We know the rules! It must be horrible to come back to your hotel with an exhausted family and find all the parking spaces taken by people trying to save on parking.

MargaretMessler
09-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Just this past week, we went over toe Boardwalk to walk around, eat dinner, etc. When I stopped at the gate, we were just asked for photo ID or our KTTW card, directed to park off to the left of the guardbooth. No 3 hour pass, or anything. He did tell us also that valet was available, but we chose not to use it.

K8screen
09-16-2013, 07:03 AM
Just this past week, we went over toe Boardwalk to walk around, eat dinner, etc. When I stopped at the gate, we were just asked for photo ID or our KTTW card, directed to park off to the left of the guardbooth. No 3 hour pass, or anything. He did tell us also that valet was available, but we chose not to use it.

But were you staying on property and had KTTW card? We wil be off property so it might be different.

Strmchsr
09-16-2013, 07:32 AM
But were you staying on property and had KTTW card? We wil be off property so it might be different.

It shouldn't be different. You'll just need to show some photo id.

MargaretMessler
09-16-2013, 09:06 PM
It shouldn't be different. You'll just need to show some photo id.

Exactly. He actually did just ask for photo ID, I happened to grab my KTTW card by mistake and he said "that's fine" and waved me in.