PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPass changes of 09/12/2013

Goofy4TheWorld
09-12-2013, 09:27 PM
There are a few notable changes that came out of this morning's email announcing the changes to the PhotoPass service, so I thought I would post the email below, with notable items highlighted in red by me:

Disney PhotoPass™ Service has opened the doors to a new online experience for Walt Disney World® Resort Guests.

Introducing MyDisneyPhotoPass.com, a new, fresh look, organizing your photos in a timeline that allows you to relive your vacation memories as they happened. You will also have access to borders and more stickers than ever before featuring Character signatures and Disney icons.

What this Means to You
If you have current unexpired photos in your DisneyPhotoPass.com account, they will still be available for you to share, create and purchase until their expiration date. Photos from DisneyPhotoPass.com will not be moved and are not accessible at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com.

Any saved projects you have on DisneyPhotoPass.com will be available to complete and purchase on that site, until your photos expire. Saved projects will not be moved to MyDisneyPhotoPass.com. We recommend you complete and purchase any projects before your photos expire.

Registration for MyDisneyPhotoPass.com
MyDisneyPhotoPass.com will be a part of the Disney.com family of sites and your current DisneyPhotoPass.com log in will not work at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com. You will need to complete a new registration or sign in using an existing Disney.com account. If you’ve registered with a site like MyDisneyExperience.com, DisneyWorld.com, ABC.com or ESPN.com, you can use the same email address or member name and password at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com.

Changes to our Expiration Policy
On our new website, all photos will expire 45 days from the date each photo was taken.

If you would like to extend the expiration date to 60 days from the date the photo was taken, you may purchase an expiration extension. Your photos can only be extended one time. All photos in your account as of the day the expiration extension is purchased will now expire 60 days from the date the photo was taken (instead of 45 days). The expiration date of each photo can be viewed in the lower right hand side of the edit screen. Please note that the individual expiration date of each photo may vary. MyDisneyPhotoPass.com does not offer option for permanent storing of photos. Expired photos will be deleted from the system. For more information about our new expiration policy, please click here.

This is an exciting time for Disney PhotoPass™ Service and we look forward to capturing all of your memories on your next vacation!

Sincerely,
Disney PhotoPass™ Service
Need Help? Call our Support team at 407.560.4300.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Holy cow, I just realized that I crossed the 1,000 post threshold and didn't even realize it!

Oh to be 500 again. :D

Goofy4TheWorld
09-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Just saw this on the new website:

If your most recent Walt Disney World vacation started prior to September 4th, your Disney memories will be viewable on our Standard Site until they expire.