PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust for Seaside Park

VWL Mom
09-12-2013, 06:14 PM
After starting to rebuild from Sandy, the shops and residents of Seaside Parks are now trying to battle a six alarm fire. It started at the Kohr's Ice Cream store and has spread down the boardwalk. It's also jeopardizing nearby condos because of the winds coming off the ocean.

My thoughts are with those that once again face the possibility of losing their homes. Only so much one can bear in a year.

:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Pop Centurion
09-12-2013, 06:22 PM
So tragic for those business owners. The red blaze just looks so eerie compared to most fires. You can almost imagine just how intense the heat must be.

missymouseworld
09-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Hope everyone stays safe....firemen and residents.

:fireman:

Unfortunately, many of those firemen won't be able to enjoy the Fireman's convention in Wildwood this weekend.

kakn7294
09-12-2013, 08:56 PM
It's a sad turn of events. Hopefully the only losses will be the buildings and not any lives.

NJGIRL
09-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Just saw this story on line. After all that rebuilding, then a fire. It's terrible. :(

Dulcee
09-13-2013, 08:50 AM
The seaside boardwalk was my childhood stomping ground having grown up in the town next to the heights. I have family on several of the responding volunteer fire companies. I can't tell you how devastating this is to the locals. These businesses usually run year round and while this section of the boards with stood Sandy it wasn't without substantial water damage. Most of these businesses lost all of last winter season to just reopen this June. They'll be out again this season

These are small family owned businesses that employ locals. Even the owner of this side of the boards is a local already struggling from Sandy.

I don't know how we'll come back again after this. Please keep all our locals in your thoughts. These towns survive on the tourism brought in by the boardwalk and its going to be another very long winter for all of us as we try to get ready in time again.

princessgirls
09-16-2013, 11:02 AM
It is so so sad. These poor people of Seaside.

Honestly, it is beyond my comprehension.

Julie