PDA

View Full Version : Epcot NYE Fireworks from Legacy Plaza?

Pop Centurion
09-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Does anyone have any experience with viewing the NYE fireworks from Legacy Plaza closest the turnstiles?
I figure since there are no other visual features like those with Illuminations, it might be a good idea to view them from there to make the quickest possible exit to the buses.
My only concern is that the view might be obstructed from SSE if they're not high enough and also will the music be played in that area? I've been searching "the tube" for videos from that area but have had no luck.
Any input would be helpful. Thank you all.

Pirate Granny
09-12-2013, 10:24 PM
We watched them from just in front of the SSE closest to the water to the right side, and booked it to the bus as soon as it finished. We were two adults, so we had no issues and caught the second bus to Pop....but it took some people over three hours waiting for buses (going to the Pop). :secret: now I can't remember when the park closed that night, so perhaps there were things to do...but boy was it crowded.

SBETigg
09-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Maybe watch close to the International Gateway, then head to Beach Club and grab a cab? Sometimes, it's worth it. This could be one of those times.

Pop Centurion
09-13-2013, 05:02 PM
The park is open til 1am that night but I suspect guests will start to leave just after the fireworks. I don't know if I should try to leave then and hopefully catch an early bus or wait til 1. I'm thinking if I wait til 1am there will still be a huge backup from the guests leaving at 12. I know the huge number of guests taking buses on top of the traffic from resort guests & locals just after midnight will make things crazy well past 1am so my intent is to get ahead as much as possible.

Sherri, That's not a bad idea depending on how much the cab will cost. Thanks for the tip.