PDA

View Full Version : Photopass+ Y or N

thads
09-12-2013, 12:04 PM
We are big picture takers. I think I go for quanity hopng that a few will be quality, but also I love to go back and flip through them all. Anyway, I am considering pre-purchasing the photopass+ package. I am super frugal and I hate paying for something that I can do for free, but I can't afford to pay individually for all those great attraction pics. So I am just reaching out to those frugal Disney fans. Do you think that I should pay the $149 for photopass+? :scared:

Christine
09-12-2013, 12:33 PM
This is such a great question. I think if you have no problem carrying your camera around, you could get the same photos on your own camera, to do with what you wish.

Photo pass CMs will be glad to take photos using your camera. Some folks don't want to carry their cameras around and just use their photo pass card everywhere.

Hope that helps.

Ms. Mode
09-12-2013, 12:34 PM
The ride photos may be worth something; but don't expect to much from the photographers that take your pictures throughout the parks, those are not so great. :ack:

Mariano O'Kon
09-12-2013, 12:39 PM
I think you have to do the math. How many pictures would you like to buy at the attractions and dining?

I believe each one costs around $24 (please correct me if I am wrong here), so $140 will give you around 6 pics.

If you plan to buy, individually more than 6 to 8 pictures, I believe it is worth it.

Also, if you do have PP+ you will fond yourself taking pictures everywhere each time you see a Disney Photograph. This greatly increases the odds to get those cool pictures you are looking for.

I am a big fan of PP and PP+ as I really love to browse through my pictures after my holidays and, considering how much you end up paying on a Disney Vacation $140 is a prettygood value.

Hope this helps!

Mariano :mickey:

spoiledraf
09-12-2013, 01:59 PM
d it twice. Once with my wifes family and once when we took our grand kids. The later was great. I'm the picture taker and ususally end up out of most of the pictures. Having someone else take them makes it easy on everyone. And they will take them with your own camera/phone as well. They also add a variety of Disney characters and theme park shots. You can also edit all the pictures to your liking with frames and what not and they just send you a CD. My daughter made us a wonderful book through Walgreens with a lot of our favorite pictures.

Allenfow98
09-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Its worth it just if you use it for the attraction pictures. We usually ride multiple times and having a pic from each one with us doing silly stuff is really fun later down the road. Plus all the photographers scattered around the park, we have got some great pics from them. And every once in a while you will find a treat added to some posed pics, and you can go on later before you finalize the disk and add borders and crop all the pics.
Well worth the price

thads
09-13-2013, 07:10 PM
d it twice. Once with my wifes family and once when we took our grand kids. The later was great. I'm the picture taker and ususally end up out of most of the pictures. Having someone else take them makes it easy on everyone. And they will take them with your own camera/phone as well. They also add a variety of Disney characters and theme park shots. You can also edit all the pictures to your liking with frames and what not and they just send you a CD. My daughter made us a wonderful book through Walgreens with a lot of our favorite pictures.

Great thought. Now I have to determine if I want to be in the pictures or not.