PDA

View Full Version : My Disney Expierience reservations problems getting lots of attention

spoiledraf
09-12-2013, 09:38 AM
So I called and made a reservation at the GF and got park hopper tickets. Yea! we're going to Disney. Then went on line and made some ADRs. Yea! We're eating at Disney. Then later called and made some more dining reservations. Yea! more good stuff. Then Called and made a room only reservation to add one more night at the YC. Yippe, great pool. Then called and made more dining reservation at Shulas and Cape May Cafe. Yea! We are all set.
Signed on to My Disney experience only to find bits and pieces of our plans. Signed on again and some things disappeared and other showed up. It's getting Goofy at Disneys Web site! Let me give you some advice. Make sure all reservations are linked to the same phone number. Seems we used a land line and a Cell. Make sure all reservations on line are booked under one Disney screen name/password. My wife and I both have one. The girls at Disney have been trying to straighten things out for three days. Currently waiting for a call back right now. All the reservations are valid and in the system but I sure will feel better when they all show up on the same screen. Dining's all good now but we are waiting for the room ressies and tickets to get linked.
The moral of the story is be consistent when making reservations. Disney is making it right and has spent hours doing it. I feel really bad because I feel I kind of created the problem. Thanks Disney. Work your Magic! 80 more days til my first Christmas Season visit.
ps. (Glad they didn't offer me the wrist bands. I can't even imagine how bad I would have messed that up!) :oops:

DizneyRox
09-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Disney still has me at an address I lived at for years and a phone number I never had. I change it all the time, never goes through. I gave up...

They do get it right for invoices however...

SBETigg
09-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Great tip about making sure all reservations are made under the same phone number. With cell phones, I can see how that might get mixed up. Though you think it would be simple to handle it and link it all to the same guest in the end. Disney glitches. :rolleyes:

spoiledraf
09-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Yes, but there is no way to link phone numbers from my end. It seems your phone number is your Disney Social Security number as such. But they got all my miscues straightened out and all my info is now on one screen. Technology is a wonderful thing as long as you enter everything accurately. But as the say, a computer is only as smart as the guy who puts in the information. And that would have been ....Me!:blush:

JerseyDad
09-12-2013, 02:32 PM
So I called and made a reservation at the GF and got park hopper tickets. Yea! we're going to Disney. Then went on line and made some ADRs. Yea! We're eating at Disney. Then later called and made some more dining reservations. Yea! more good stuff. Then Called and made a room only reservation to add one more night at the YC. Yippe, great pool. Then called and made more dining reservation at Shulas and Cape May Cafe. Yea! We are all set.
Signed on to My Disney experience only to find bits and pieces of our plans. Signed on again and some things disappeared and other showed up. It's getting Goofy at Disneys Web site! Let me give you some advice. Make sure all reservations are linked to the same phone number. Seems we used a land line and a Cell. Make sure all reservations on line are booked under one Disney screen name/password. My wife and I both have one. The girls at Disney have been trying to straighten things out for three days. Currently waiting for a call back right now. All the reservations are valid and in the system but I sure will feel better when they all show up on the same screen. Dining's all good now but we are waiting for the room ressies and tickets to get linked.
The moral of the story is be consistent when making reservations. Disney is making it right and has spent hours doing it. I feel really bad because I feel I kind of created the problem. Thanks Disney. Work your Magic! 80 more days til my first Christmas Season visit.
ps. (Glad they didn't offer me the wrist bands. I can't even imagine how bad I would have messed that up!) :oops:

...if the 'system' is not flexible enough ...it's not your fault. There were some issues two weeks ago when we needed to change some FP+ times ...and only 2 of the 3 of us showed up as changed. We had to go to concierge desk ...they fixed it ...and told us "yup ..there are glitches". Don't feel bad ..you didn't mess up ...it's still a work in progress.

VWL Mom
09-12-2013, 05:01 PM
I made a mixup with the phones in August but just went in to MDE and linked the missing dining reservations.

spoiledraf
09-12-2013, 09:55 PM
I made a mixup with the phones in August but just went in to MDE and linked the missing dining reservations.

Yea tried that. Wouldn't work for me. Just too many things going on with my account. CM said I had five different names tied to my email address.

gottaluvtink
09-13-2013, 11:02 AM
I feel your pain. My daughter has her own account and I have mine. She made some dining reservations, as did I. Her tickets linked to her MDE, and the rest of the group in mine. Unlike you though, I have not gone through that process of trying to get it all coordinated. I guess I will have to plan some phone time soon. Our trip is in January.

spoiledraf
09-13-2013, 01:56 PM
I ended up with Tech Support when I called. Some of the reservation folks tried to help, and were very gracious throughout, but I never got it straight until I got to a Tech support CM so I would ask to get connected directly there. No waiting, for me at least, either. They were very helpful so don't hesitate to call. It was kind of a Magical Experience seeing it all come together. ;) Good to see everything on one page. Kinda gives you a more confident feeling it's all accurate and guaranteed I guess.

Good Luck!:thumbsup:

VWL Mom
09-13-2013, 02:16 PM
CM said I had five different names tied to my email address.

All your aliases? :D

spoiledraf
09-13-2013, 05:37 PM
All your aliases? :D

Got a Disney VISA gift card for opening a new account under every name!!! $$$$

Well one in mine and one in my wife's anyway.

My daughter, grandson and an unknown entity opened the others, all under my email address somehow???? I just wish I could delete all but one but Disney CM says it can't be done. :(