PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian - Upgrade

jb123
09-11-2013, 05:59 PM
:mickey:I stayed at the Grand Floridian about 10 years ago...so long ago....and was so lucky to be upgraded at check in from a regular Garden View room to a Magic Kingdom view on the lake in Boca Chico. We are travelling again to the GF for my husband's 50th Birthday from 10/19-10/27/13. It appears that the hotel may be sold out (due to an IRS conference at the hotel from the previous week....attendees are allowed to use the $189.00 rate for an extra 6 nights, carrying over into my week of vacation). Does anyone have any suggestions for me that may prompt an upgrade? Do you think they may upgrade us because of his birthday, even if the hotel appears to be booked? I appreciate any guidance...it would really make our trip great. We are so excited to be coming back.

faline
09-11-2013, 07:51 PM
You were very fortunate to have gotten an upgrade before. I would not count on getting an upgrade again - you might be very disappointed if you are counting on this.

Occasionally, folks are upgraded but there are many, many folks who are there celebrating birthdays - Disney couldn't possibly upgrade (without cost) everyone who goes to Disney to celebrate a special event in their lives.

If the resort is sold out, it is even less likely you will receive a complimentary upgrade.

SBETigg
09-11-2013, 08:08 PM
If you really want the upgrade, pay for it, if what you want is available. Free upgrades are not that common, so getting one again, even for a special occasion, would be unusual, but it could happen. The resort is wonderful no matter what room/view though. Best wishes and have fun!