PDA

View Full Version : Need Port Orleans-Riverside Advice

dumbomydumbo
09-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Need your opinion. We will be staying at the Riverside soon and need advice on the Alligator Bayou.

What building # do you consider the best for being the closest to the Ol' Man pool and not to far from the food court.

Help need you help soon. Going next Friday!!:mickey:

Opus X
09-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Building 18 and 27 is where we stay. One is preferred but, I NEVER book anything but a standard room and request one of those...I have gotten one or the other EVERY time. And of course, dont pay preferred rates.
Both are close enough to everything.
But, honestly, Alligator Bayou is AWESOME!!
And, it isnt a long walk no matter where you stay.
However, I like those 2 buildings.
Others are close but further from parking lot...so we choose one close to both..parking and pool.
If you dont have a car....then go with either 18,27 anyways.

Kairi_7378
09-11-2013, 08:23 PM
We stayed in building 27 and thought the location was perfect. We were lucky enough to have a king sized bed and a corner room :)

Opus X
09-11-2013, 08:33 PM
We stayed in building 27 and thought the location was perfect. We were lucky enough to have a king sized bed and a corner room :)
Yeah..those king beds are GREAT if you can get em!!
Now with kids....we need 2 beds...
But, I also think 27 is the "perfect" building.
Also,
The ones more to the "back" is more secluded if you will..but still, not a far walk at all.

Fangorn
09-11-2013, 09:10 PM
We like building 39. Its not real close to the main building, but it's not far from the main pool, and is close to one of the quiet pools. It's very secluded, quiet and peaceful.

Steve

MrPeetrie
09-12-2013, 08:37 AM
We absolutely love the theming of the Alligator Bayou. This is one resort where we're not concerned with getting a room near the courtyard, because the morning walk is so picturesque and enjoyable.

I always video the entire first morning walk from our room to the Old Mill as I attempt to "drink it all in." You'll cross a bridge (or two), pass a fishing hole, a pool complex, here some Dixie music, all while the sun tries to find a way through the leaves. It's lovely. All I ask at check-in is that I'm not facing a parking lot. We want to stay immersed.

#1donaldfan
09-12-2013, 12:25 PM
We always stay in either 18/14 or 27. Those are the closest to the main building and busses. NOT that close to Ol Man River pool, however 18/27 are next to a super nice quiet pool, which we ALWAYS used ..... Ol man was always so busy. Riverside is an incredible resort !!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Our last two stays we were in Buildings 18/27, which are both preferred buildings, however, each time we booked standard.

I think on our reservation (thru MJ of course) we had them put a building request on the reservation, even though we booked standard rooms. Also about a week prior to our trip I faxed the resort a building request. There is no guarantee that it will work, but if they are not booked I believe that they do try to accommodate, as we got our requests each time.

I enjoy the walks at POR and as many have said here, don't be intimidated by the size or distance, its a great resort.

texas211
09-14-2013, 08:30 PM
27 works. We thought it worked. You can cut right through the island to back to the main lobby.

If you smoke though, the smoking benches are closer to the main building. FYI.

AndrewJackson
09-21-2013, 07:26 PM
We always request building 14 because it is closest to the main bus stop, and the food court.

I would rather be close to the main bus stop and the food court than the theme pool.