PDA

View Full Version : Hello Walt Disney World Final Thoughts

Disney4us2
09-10-2013, 11:27 PM
We arrived in Kissimmee on Sunday 8/11/2013. That is two days ahead of the schedule I had for myself. Since I was the only driver, I didn't want to push it, yet I really wanted to get here ASAP.

Studio 6: It is ok, it is clean but I don't really like the area that much. There are a lot of people that call Studio 6 home. I just can't see living in a motel as a home... but that is just me. We are on 192 across from Old Town...never went there.

The apartment hunt: I knew about the apartment I wanted a few months before leaving L.A. I was in contact with the manager calling each month. She knew who we were when we arrive and went to check out the aptartment. The apt. it self is fairly large as far as apartments go. It is over 1000sf, 2 bed/2 bath with lots of storage, and a laundry room:thumbsup: The kitchen had granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances,

WDW: As usual it was wonderful and we had fun exploring the parks. We got to try Ellen's Energy and liked it. We just love the water parks. The food at the parks/hotels were good as well. Our best meal was at Chefs de France, followed by Boma at AKL.

Driving at Disney: Oh boy. At first it was confusing. Trying to find Best Friends Pet center was an adventure, Mr. Garmin took me to the back areas of Disney. I took many wrong turns mis-reading the signs. Sometimes they are very confusing. I don't know how many times I thought I was going the right way and then found myself leaving WDW and going on the freeway only to turn around and try again, Once after picking up Ginger from Best Friends, we ended up going to Epcot. I learned fast to get in the left hand lane:blush: I haven't had the courage to drive at WDW at night yet. I want to really learn the roads first.

Handicapped parking: so far it has been good. I don't like how the MK is set up as I am so used to taking the tram from the parking structure at Disneland to the entrance. At MK, you park and then walk to the transportation. The scariest one is at DHS. You have to drive right where the busses are.

This has been a great adventure, but one that came at an extremely high price:(. Still wish it was like it was. I know my father (and mother) is with us and guiding us from above. Time to move on to our new life.

princessgirls
09-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Marci,

Glad you made the trip East. I think you and your daughter will be very happy in Winter Garden!!!

May you be Blessed in your new home!!

Julie:mickey:

faline
09-11-2013, 07:40 PM
New beginnings are always a mixed bag. I'm sure you will have many happy times ahead in your new home!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-12-2013, 05:56 PM
God bless and good luck with your move

thejens
09-17-2013, 11:07 PM
I have to agree that driving in WDW is way too confusing!!! "Guest areas" umm, what does that mean? Not always what you need. And the GPS takes you through restricted "cast member" only areas. I am amazed that an organization as amazing as WDW can't help drivers navigate the world better.