PDA

View Full Version : Raise the Jolly Rodger!

Hammer
09-10-2013, 01:22 PM
I wasn't going to post anything until the Pirates won game #82. I was thrilled when I knew they wouldn't have a losing season, but wanted them to have a winning season and now they will. I hope the Pirates hold on and make the playoffs so I have an NL team to root for, since the Phillies are done for this year! I need the Rays to hold on to have an AL team to root for.

I agree with the Clemente family; let's leave 21 to only represent Roberto in Pittsburgh!

Scar
09-10-2013, 02:05 PM
I hope the Pirates hold on and make the playoffs ...No problem. 8 game lead with 19 left... I mean... we're not talking about the Mets here.

What's up with the Clemete family?

kakn7294
09-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Roberto Clemente's son recently commented (after the 81st win) that they wanted #21 to always represent Roberto, not how many losing seasons Pirates fans had to endure.

As a long-time fan, I can't tell you how much this season has meant to me. I have watched and gone to games throughout the last 20 seasons, listened to snide comments, been the butt of many a joke, but I've hung in there and it's finally paying off. I love my Buccos!

There is a downside to the season though - I can't get game tickets for weekends anymore (when my family can go). There's been a huge surge of bandwagon fans out there (as expected). Oh, and if they win the division, I have to get a tattoo (not bashing tattoos, I just never wanted one) in a bet that I made with a friend.

missymouseworld
09-10-2013, 05:33 PM
I mean... we're not talking about the Mets here.

UGH :ill:

mdricks
09-11-2013, 11:03 AM
"Pirates" and "playoffs" used in the same sentence without the word "never".

Sixth sign of the apocalypse my friends! :D

Go cards!

:number1:

kakn7294
09-18-2013, 10:31 AM
2 computer and 2 cell phones and I was not able to get playoff tickets for the wildcard game or any of the first 3 NLDS games. I hate all of these "fans" who haven't been there the past 20 years... Just sayin'.

CynBeth
09-18-2013, 06:25 PM
An Orioles fan wishes you luck! I know how you feel, we endured 15 losing seasons until last year. I like the Pirates. Andrew Mccutchen is one of my favorite players in MLB right now. We visited Pittsburgh a few years ago for a weekend and went to a game. Unfortunately they played Philly and got crushed but we had a great time.