PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 1- The Good, the Bad and the UGLY

Hammer
09-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Now that week 1 is in the books, what do you think was good, bad or ugly?

I'll start- The Ugly was most definitely my Bucs! I hope the defensive player is on the unemployment line after his boneheaded penalty which cost them the game!

Melanie
09-10-2013, 07:39 AM
The good? Holy cow, Peyton Manning! We've always loved him and always will. Way to play, old guy. And I love his and Eli's new commercial.

The bad? My Panthers. Same old, same old. 3rd year (and I know it's early) with Cam Newton and we can only score 7 points? I know Seattle has a great defense, but really? Bad, just bad.

The ugly? :scratch:

Scar
09-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Giants

The Ugly: 6 turnovers... I mean really? SIX?

The Bad: Still should have won.

The Good: Defense was questionable coming into the season but looked pretty good. Turnovers are fixable. I feel they can be really good if they can get a RB to hold on to the ball

SBETigg
09-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Well, the Patriots might not have a great year, judging by the preseason and first game, which I know makes a lot of you happy but I still love my team. I hope they get it together. Even with a last minute win for my team, that game against the Bills was ugly.

tinkwest
09-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Chargers

The Good - immediate turnover for a touchdown!

The Bad - lose by field goal in last five seconds.

The Ugly - too many stupid penalties.

The Sad - same old, same old.

bruin1344
09-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Well, the Patriots might not have a great year, judging by the preseason and first game, which I know makes a lot of you happy but I still love my team. I hope they get it together. Even with a last minute win for my team, that game against the Bills was ugly.

Loss of Hernandez and Welker plus Ammendola and Gronk's injuries harms the Pats chances

princessgirls
09-11-2013, 04:09 PM
The Good:
Being a JETS fan at the home opener with 80,000 screaming fans when they won in the last seconds!!!
Surviving the first week of my first "suicide" pool.
Peyton Manning
Texans big comeback to win!

The Bad: Lots of first game jitters from around the league...dumb plays, penalties and picks. From rookie QB's to very solid veterans...picks abound.

The Ugly: I hope my JETS aren't one and done! :beer:

Happy Fall Football fans!!!!!!
Julie:mickey:

princessgirls
09-11-2013, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=Melanie;2375143]The good? Holy cow, Peyton Manning! We've always loved him and always will. Way to play, old guy. And I love his and Eli's new commercial.

Me too!!!:thumbsup:
Julie:mickey:

indytraveler
09-13-2013, 11:49 AM
The Good: Colts
Another Andrew Luck 4th Q comeback win.

The Bad:
They were playing the Raiders

The Ugly:
square peg in round hole. Trying to make the Colts a run dominant team when all their playmakers are wideouts and tight ends, and last years 1st overall pick in Luck. Throw the ball down field

Ian
09-15-2013, 08:49 PM
The Good: A win is a win and in the NFL wins are hard to come by.

The Bad: It was a lot closer than it should have been. If RGIII had been awake in the first half it might have been a different outcome.

The Ugly: The entire second half. Which appears to have been a preview of week two. :ack: