PDA

View Full Version : Pre-trip Report - Poly in November

DisneyBarb
09-09-2013, 05:32 PM
I hope its not too early for a pre-trip report! Just booked airfare and the excitement gets the best of me!

Who?
Me - Obsessed Disney planner but I like to think of it more as a guideline! Recent discovery, podcasts!
DH - Hubby of 25 years and who loves Disney but does it more for me and the kids!
DD - Senior in H.S. turning 18 in November and a good kid who I will miss when she goes away to college
DS - 15, probably obsessed with Disney as I'am, still gives him the warm and fuzzy feeling, thinking of doing the College Program in the future but afraid it may "ruin the magic"

Where?
The Poly! We just love it! The tiki torches, the music, the views, the good size rooms. We do take a lot of time in the afternoons to enjoy it.

How?
JetBlue, decent airfare and our favorite airline

When?
Nov 16 - 21st
We usually always go in November, we have gone during Veterans day week, Jersey week. Our last trip however was the first weekend of March (we only went for a long weekend) and the crowds were crazy so decided that November only for us.

Why?

Its a 25th anniversary, 18th birthday and early graduation present for my daughter. I feel very blessed that the kids as teenagers still get the magic we all feel at Disney

ADRs
Ohanas ( our first night tradition)
Tusker House breakfast buffet
Chef Mickeys breakfast buffet (despite me trying to talk the kids out of it, but they love it).
Liberty Tavern dinner
Teppan Edo (for my husband)

I could not get ADRs at BOG but we will try for lunch. We also would like to go to the ESPN club haven't been in a few years but really enjoy it.

We are very blessed that we can go to Disney every 2 years or so. This also means that we don't have the need to do everything and not at a frantic pace! We love to listen to people around us when they are experiencing things for the first time and listen to their reactions!

Thanks for listening!

Christine
09-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Sounds divine! Especially the ohana dinner!! :cloud9:

faline
09-09-2013, 06:12 PM
What a lovely way to celebrate!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip and, no it is certainly NOT too early to post a pre-trip report!!

Lindsey310
09-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Sounds great!! Excited to read your trip report :mickey:

40 days!!!! :joy:

VWL Mom
09-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Sounds like your plans are coming along nicely. Now you just need to sit back and wait.

RedSoxFan
09-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Sounds like a fun trip planned. Enjoy. :mickey:

DisneyBarb
09-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Sounds divine! Especially the ohana dinner!! :cloud9:

Hard to believe we never went to Ohanas the first few trips we stayed at the Poly!

DisneyBarb
09-09-2013, 09:41 PM
What a lovely way to celebrate!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip and, no it is certainly NOT too early to post a pre-trip report!!

Thanks Linda! We did the extra legroom on JetBlue after reading your trip report. Would you do it again?

VWL Mom
09-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Thanks Linda! We did the extra legroom on JetBlue after reading your trip report. Would you do it again?

I can't speak for Linda but we add the extra space every time we fly. It's not only the legroom we like but also the separate security lines (look for the signs) and pre-boarding.

T-Belle
09-10-2013, 07:56 AM
Sounds great! Have a blast and be sure to tell us all about it when you return.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Sounds great, have fun

k10
09-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Looks like your trip is going to be fun, special and magical! Post-trip reviews requested!!!:thumbsup:

DisneyBarb
09-11-2013, 01:59 PM
I can't speak for Linda but we add the extra space every time we fly. It's not only the legroom we like but also the separate security lines (look for the signs) and pre-boarding.

Security lines is a bonus for sure! Thanks!

DisneyBarb
09-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Looks like your trip is going to be fun, special and magical! Post-trip reviews requested!!!:thumbsup:

I will post a trip report for sure! It's like therapy for me when I get back and depressed! I love reading everyone's also, so nice to have this communication with other disney addicts!

RavsRuleDisney!
09-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Enjoy the trip!!....November is a good time to go - we've done it several times(Jersey week) and the POLY is our fave of all places we've stayed at on site :mickey:

DisneyorBust
09-20-2013, 09:28 AM
It's never too early for a pre-trip report! DW and I will be returning to the "World" in October and we have an ADR for 'Ohanas on our first night as well. Have a great vacation!

vizsla
09-21-2013, 05:03 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

mydisneygirls
09-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Happy 25th anniversary, 18th birthday and early graduation. :party: Have a wonderful trip....it will be here before you know it! We always fly JetBlue and love the extra leg room seats.

DonaldDuckUSA
09-25-2013, 09:42 AM
We also would like to go to the ESPN club haven't been in a few years but really enjoy it.

I really enjoy ESPN. ESPECIALLY for lunch. I haven't been in a few years. Last time I went I remember the food being hit or miss, but its got a great vibe, even if you don't like sports. :number1: If there is no major game going on, it was a great place to have a fun and relaxed lunch. Good place to get away. Have a great trip! :mickey: