PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland- September Crowds and Some Questions

DVC2004
09-09-2013, 05:16 PM
We are off to Disneyland next week for a quick and not very planned out trip. We will be there from 9/18- 9/22. We will be purchasing a 2 day, 1 park per day ticket and going to Universal Hollywood one evening for Halloween Horror Nights. 2 adults, 2 teen boys. What are crowd levels like mid- September? Are dining reservations recommended? We are not looking to do World of Color dining but will likely want to do a couple sit down dinners. We are looking at Carthay Circle, Wine Country Trattoria, and/or Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. We've eaten at Ralph Brennan's before but not the other 2 places. Want to hit up Trader Sam's as well but they don't take ressies I believe.

Also, we won't be doing the Mickey Halloween Party but I did read about a tour called the Happy Haunts Tour. Does anyone know anything about this or has done this? Trying to decide if it is worth it or not. I have two teen boys, 14 and 16. Is it just a guided tour through the parks after dark? They are definitely excited fotr HHN at Universal, not sure if this is worth the $$ to do as well. Thanks!:mickey:

tinkwest
09-09-2013, 05:44 PM
The Happiest Haunts Tour is not very well described on the Disneyland site, IMO. They don't even have the days and hours that it is available. I have always called and talked to a human when I have had questions about tours. 714-781-TOUR (8687). With only one day in each Park, I'd say skip the tour and just enjoy your visit.

September is generally low on crowds (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=194045) after the long, busy summer months. With the Halloween events just starting the weekend prior to your visit, the Holiday Haunted Mansion may present your longest line. I don't care for Ghost Galaxy, but I'm sure your teens will like it. Go for a FastPass.

I have always been happy with Carthay Circle and would recommend it to anyone that has not yet been. For this table service restaurant I would definitely make reservations. Anything else I would think reservations were not necessary.

Melanie
09-09-2013, 05:47 PM
I have always been happy with Carthay Circle and would recommend it to anyone that has not yet been. For this table service restaurant I would definitely make reservations. Anything else I would think reservations were not necessary.

Yes, do it! Carthey Circle is awesome, and incorporates some great Hollywood history during Walt's early time there.

You won't need reservations at Trader Sam's. Just go and enjoy!

DVC2004
09-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Thanks guys, will call tonight for the ressies after work. :mickey: We were in DL last year just prior to Carsland opening and Carthay opening, so we are excited to visit these new places.

Yes, they DL site didn't give much detail on that tour but I think I will take your advice and skip. It seemed pretty pricey. This will be the first time the boys get to experience Haunted Mansion Holiday, and the first for all of us for SM Ghost Galaxy. Thanks! Only 9 days away.