PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands

pox24
09-09-2013, 08:17 AM
We have been here since last Thursday and are delighted to report that our Magic Bands worked flawlessly. They are another example of Disney technology and makes getting around painless, easy and so convenient. We used them for room access, park access, fast pass+, golfing, spa, all meals, gifts, and everything else. Never exchanged cash once, except for valet tipping. We renewed our seasonal passes yesterday and re linked them for the next 12 months on the band.
Off to Epcot now for the morning and then driving home to West Palm this afternoon.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-09-2013, 09:37 AM
I'm glad you had such a great experience.

We didn't get to try them on our last trip, and liked the RF card ... so I'm sure the bands will be great on our next trip.

Butters
09-09-2013, 10:14 AM
We'll be trying ours out in 5 days. Hope our experience is just as good!

amorillo
09-09-2013, 12:29 PM
do children wear the bands too? a little worried about my little ones (4 & 6) taking them off??

pox24
09-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Bands are for everyone. It all depends how you link and customize them for each user.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-10-2013, 08:17 AM
I am very interested in how the bands work with (wild and crazy) children. There is NO WAY I will let them have their bands and I am really hoping that their tickets can be accessed by just scanning my band since we are all linked on the MDE site. Otherwise I would rather just use RFID cards, the bands won't fit in my wallet too easily!

amorillo
09-10-2013, 01:44 PM
I am very interested in how the bands work with (wild and crazy) children. There is NO WAY I will let them have their bands and I am really hoping that their tickets can be accessed by just scanning my band since we are all linked on the MDE site. Otherwise I would rather just use RFID cards, the bands won't fit in my wallet too easily!

My thoughts exactly. We're not going until next year :drama: and my youngest will be 5 then, but she's not one to wear anything for too long (ponytail, necklace, bracelet) and I'm just worried that she will be taking it off and on... and possibly lose it...

Anyone with small children have any experience with this? I know we're still in the early stages... I'm just curious...

pox24
09-10-2013, 02:12 PM
The bands use Biometric identification where as each bands ID's only one person and cannot be used by another. This is good in the event its lost or stolen. As far as children and the chance they won't where them, then the traditional pass is the best choice.

Lindsey310
09-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Trying them in 39 days and hoping our experience is as seamless as yours! :mickey: