PDA

View Full Version : Delta first class or JetBlue?

DisneyBarb
09-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Need your help my fellow Intercotees! We are going to Disney in November. I have booked the flight home however arriving we want to take the first flight out in the morning if possible since we will only be there 5 nights. JetBlue was 315 one way for each! I just looked again and it dropped to 210. We prefer JetBlue for the comfort and t.v.'s and great customer service we have experienced. I happen to look at Delta and noticed first class was 203 each!

Am I missing something? Does Delta have t.v.'s in first class on all planes? The pro would be since there are four of us none of us have to sit with strangers.

I have had mixed experiences on Delta, I think they are fine if there are no hiccups, but feel like JetBlue service is better if there is!
We are flying out of Logan

Also because my husband does not travel with us all the time due to his bad back, I really am looking for a better flight experience for him for comfort, I would just go Delta coach for much less if he wasn't coming with us.

Appreciate your thoughts!

Capt_redshirt
09-08-2013, 10:08 PM
if you are out of BDL (Like me) you wouldnt get a tv on delta i believe. To my knowledge they are still using the MD-88 and if you are going out of boston i think they are using airbus which dont have tvs.... i think the only flights that have tvs are cross country and over seas flights,

DisneyBarb
09-09-2013, 06:10 AM
if you are out of BDL (Like me) you wouldnt get a tv on delta i believe. To my knowledge they are still using the MD-88 and if you are going out of boston i think they are using airbus which dont have tvs.... i think the only flights that have tvs are cross country and over seas flights,

Thanks! That is very helpful! I'm going to give it a few days and see if anything changes. Luckily the airfare I got coming home on JetBlue was only $90 so that is a big help. I just don't love Delta!

VWL Mom
09-09-2013, 07:03 AM
With or without tv I would go with DL FC for your DH. Can't beat the 2 x 2 seating and just think, each kid can have a window seat. We normally fly JB from Newark but the TV's have been iffy lately so I've stopped depending on them and have gone back to reading.

I love JB but had the same thing in March for a last minute trip. JB return was $430, UA FC was $300. Even though I despise UA, I booked it and enjoyed it!

DisneyBarb
09-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Yes my gut is saying go Delta, with IPADs and Computers I think the t.v. is less of an issue then it was a few years ago. I appreciate your input!

March Hare
09-09-2013, 08:25 AM
If you are booking through Delta directly at the site it will tell you what the flight has. I am also from the Boston area and it is hit or miss with Delta. some have overhead tvs, others have seatback tvs, and yet some have none. Just look under the flight time and flight numbers and it will tell you if it has tvs or not as well as other amenities in symbols. I am pretty sure the reason for this is because some of the flights are connecting flights to the caribbean, and others just go between Boston and Orlando. The day I checked most of the flights had tvs of some sort.

DisneyBarb
09-09-2013, 09:07 AM
I did find out the Delta aircraft listed for the flight I want does not have t.v. in first class.

I looked at JB quickly today and just put in 1 person and lo and behold the price was lower, Since there only 2 tickets left at that price it did not show up when I searched for 4 people. Interesting! I think I will use the difference of Delta FC and add the extra legroom seats. That way it will be the best of both worlds.

SBETigg
09-09-2013, 10:02 AM
It's not a long flight, so none of the extras would really matter to me. But first class with more room would always prevail over coach's tight seating for me. I'm not a fan of the TV in flight, but I do like to have more personal space. If the JetBlue fare comes down to more reasonable levels, though, I probably wouldn't pay more for first class on a short flight.

DisneyBarb
09-09-2013, 10:55 AM
I did end up booking JetBlue. DH thought with the extra legroom (which turned out to be a few dollars higher then Delta FC) would be okay for his back and a t.v. for him is worth it as he is not a big reader.

I at least will get some points for the flights, because my son picked Disney as his special trip with mom next year when he turns 16!:thumbsup:

epceddie
09-10-2013, 09:33 PM
The extra legroom and the TV's have always made trips from Providence to Orlando very comfortable and enjoyable. If Jet Blue's prices were more competitive with Southwest's, we'd go with Jet Blue every time.