PDA

View Full Version : How Far Out...

Main Street Jim
09-06-2013, 10:16 PM
How far out do you book your vacation with WDTC?

Wife's all stressin' out about booking this far in advance. We're planning on late September/early October 2014.

Trying to get her to talk about where we wanna stay, dates, etc.

Restaurant reservations and stuff can be made 180 days out, correct?

March Hare
09-06-2013, 11:00 PM
We planned our trip in August over a year in advance. Actually we booked it as soon as they released the package prices for 2013. We prefer to do it this way because it allows us to make small payments instead of paying it in big chunks. It also gives us time to decide where we want to book for sit down restaurants. I also am able to book a longer trip usually 2 weeks instead of 1 week. I don't know about you but every time I tried to save for a trip something always came up and we ended up using the money for the trip forcing us to shorten the trip. So I say out of sight out of mind if it is in my account I will spend it and usually on something I don't need to.

PopPhan
09-06-2013, 11:44 PM
You can generally book Room Only reservations at 499 days out. Packages can be booked as soon as the rates for your dates have been released. Since all of 2014 rates have been released, you should be good to go to book your trip.

ADRs can be booked at 180 days out - you can book for 10 (consecutive) days worth of meals at the 180 day mark from your arrival date IF you are staying on property.

Currently, it looks like the reservation window for FastPass+ will be at the 60 day mark.

Online Check-In is also showing a 60 day window.

Personally, I book through Magical Journeys (an INTERCOT sponsor!!) so I don't have to stress over the details of room/package booking.

buzznwoodysmom
09-07-2013, 08:24 AM
We usually book our trip as soon as we decide on our dates and resort. We go about once every 9 or so months so typically book our trips about 6 months out.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-07-2013, 10:07 AM
I booked our trip for Oct-Nov 2014 when the 2014 rates came out in July. I knew it would be hard to get an Epcot resort room if I waited too long because F&W is during our dates. I also use Magical Journeys

Janmac
09-07-2013, 12:42 PM
I don't think we've ever booked a year out. Generally maybe 8 to 10 months. A couple of trips we were waiting to firm up lodging at the 180 days mark and I made ADRs anyway. On our last trip (Feb '13) I think I made all the ADRs we wanted at something like 60 days out.

When we book kinda depends on how many are going - larger groups means earlier booking - and what time of the year - busier times = earlier booking. Opposite being true - fewer in group and less busy time - later booking.

Also, important note here: the further out I book, the more I want to have Magical Journeys do the booking. Take advantage of possible discounts, should there be any.

Jan

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-08-2013, 06:00 AM
Jim, I can give you Wendy at Magical Journey's email or phone number and she will be happy to help. I'll facebook you later this morning. You can get a no obligation quote and if you do book, she will take fantastic care of you and will make sure you get THE BEST DEAL.

merciantinkerbell
09-08-2013, 08:39 AM
We booked June this year for Oct 2014. that's 17 months in advance! We booked so as not to miss a great deal being offered by Virgin Holidays. I prefer booking way in advance so I have lots of time to plan and save and not stress about forgetting anything!

Main Street Jim
09-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Jim, I can give you Wendy at Magical Journey's email or phone number and she will be happy to help. I'll facebook you later this morning. You can get a no obligation quote and if you do book, she will take fantastic care of you and will make sure you get THE BEST DEAL.Thanks, Kathy :) I've already got a quote from Magical Journeys - been talking to/e-mailing them for the last month or so while we figure out when we're going/what we want to do...

mrte62
09-19-2013, 09:04 AM
We are planning a Food & Wine Festival return the first week in October 2015 now. There will be 8 of us - all adults. All Star Vacation Home reserved and will book the flights in a few weeks.

Then we wait.