PDA

View Full Version : Princess Fairytale Hall Opens September 18

Melanie
09-06-2013, 06:22 PM
From Disney Destinations Travel News:

On Sept. 18, 2013, your Clients can experience Princess Fairytale Hall in Magic Kingdom® Park at the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Located in New Fantasyland®, Princess Fairytale Hall features two different greeting experiences, with two separate queue lines. Your Clients can choose to meet either Cinderella or Rapunzel, each of whom will be joined by a fellow Disney Princess. And, Princess Fairytale Hall will offer both traditional Disney FASTPASS® service and the new Disney FastPass+ options.

Get a closer look at Princess Fairytale Hall in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snmPFR5Hd1g&feature=youtu.be)!

joonyer
09-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Wow, another meet 'n greet, and with FastPass. Wow. I am so impressed with WDW's Imagineering skills. What imagination!. :bored:
At lease princess lovers will be using some of their FP+ options for this, so there will be less people in the FP lines for other attractions.

joonyer
09-09-2013, 05:20 PM
I should add that I have nothing against character meet & greets at WDW, in fact when my youngest was just 5 or 6, he took great delight in meeting the characters and collecting autographs, and we share many good memories with the photographs we took, even though he's 17 now.
My only complaint is that Disney makes a big deal out of building a whole "attraction" out of meet & greet opportunities, when those kinds of things should be the "extras" that families have a chance to enjoy while in the parks in between "real" attractions. Creating an entire "attraction" around getting a autograph and photo with a character, and especially making it a FastPass event, just shows a lack of effort (and spending), Imagineering wise, if you ask me. At least they could create a new show, and then make the characters available afterwards or something.

DizneyFreak2002
09-09-2013, 05:43 PM
It is kind of sad how they now call meet and greets attractions... Guess some MBA/bean counter got a nice promotion and raise for figuring out that could increase their attraction count in WDW without actually adding anything new... Just call everything an attraction and you triple your attraction count...

This meet and greet is another reason why this new Fantasyland area is less impressive... Losing Snow White's dark ride makes sense since 7D is coming... But why couldn't the building be used for a new dark ride? Tangled would have been the best choice, but even Sleeping Beauty could have fit it... Just another bad choice in this project...

This experience (that is what a meet and greet should be considered, an experience, not an attraction) could have been spread out through the park.. This is not needed... Here's how:

Cinderella: by the castle
Rapunzel: by the e-ticket bathrooms (or if Snow Whitre because Tangled, in front of the show building)
Tiara: by the Liberty Belle
Aurora: by a ride (if they made Snow White into Sleeping Beauty, not Tangled)
Snow White: by 7D cottage at the new attraction

Susan A
09-11-2013, 10:48 AM
I think these meet and great areas are in response the to popularity of meeting characters and getting their autographs. Think of the long lines out in the heat and sun to meet a character. Then there were complaints about people taking too long to take photos or or movies.
I bet this experience will be very magical for some children (and their parents, too)! :secret:

Question: Is there a time limit for each family to mingle with the princesses?

Ms. Mode
09-17-2013, 03:55 PM
E Ticket Bathrooms:number1:

Arielfan98
09-18-2013, 06:45 PM
E Ticket Bathrooms:number1:

Agreed! It seems like they spent so much money on these bathrooms. Yes they are nice, but bathrooms are bathrooms. They could of used that space for all the meet and greets or spaced the characters out.

TheVBs
09-19-2013, 08:37 AM
It looks really pretty and I'm sure our DDs will enjoy it, but we all would have loved to see a Tangled dark ride like DisneyFreak suggested. I remember watching the movie and there were parts where I thought, "I can just see this perfectly in a dark ride." Oh well, maybe next project.