PDA

View Full Version : MagicBands and TS restaurant payments

Goofy4TheWorld
09-06-2013, 04:10 PM
I am curious, for the folks that have MagicBands issued to them, how do they pay for their TS meals using their room account?

I speculate that for right now 100% of MagicBand users also have a traditional card as a backup method of RFID use, but if the goal is to eliminate the cards eventually this won't work forever, right?

Anyone out there in the know?

Strmchsr
09-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Your server will bring the MB reader to your table and you still use it to pay if you're charging to your room, using dining credits, etc. You just hold your band to the reader, enter your pin, and you're good to go.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-06-2013, 06:54 PM
So do you also type in the tip into the MB reader? Are you given a paper receipt before the reader arrives, or all at once?

I really do not like the server standing beside me while I figure out the tip, I wish they would leave the MB reader at the table, but I doubt that will happen.

VWL Mom
09-06-2013, 07:07 PM
They bring the reader with the check and scan in the band/card. They then leave you the check and you add the tip.

BuddyL4
09-06-2013, 07:09 PM
For us since we were on the dining plan the reader came out at the begining of the meal. At the end a paper receipt, just like a CC receipt was brought to the table to sign. This had a place for tip to be added.:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-06-2013, 08:01 PM
I have to admit though, as we watched people with Magic Bands pay, it was really funny!

The servers didn't seem to have quite grasped the idea of moving closer to the person paying (I think they are still used to us passing a card over to them) so on more than one occassion, the server was almost falling over the table trying to reach the arm of the person paying.

But, aside from that, it was exactly the same as us people paying with a card. They scanned (since we were on the DDP) the card at the beginning of the meal, but still brought a paper receipt at the end.

Dsnygirl
09-07-2013, 12:58 PM
We didn't have Magic Bands, but the system works the same right now for everyone, as if you do... you just use your "keys to the kingdom" card as a Magic Band.

We found that the system worked really well... the server brought the card reader to the table at the beginning of the meal, we tapped our "keys to the kingdom" card on the Mickey face & put our pin in. It would glow green, and that meant we were in the system. Then at the end of the meal, the server would bring our receipt and leave it for us to do the tip... they'd return for it later, and bring us the receipt with our total payment. It was quick, painless, and easier than the old system!