PDA

View Full Version : Gift Shop Food

Susan A
09-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Not sure where to post this...

What food/snacks are available to purchase in the gift shops? I remember milk, bread, donuts, Chip N Dale pretzels... What else is there? Any yogurt/tube yogurts? Juice boxes? Fruit cups? I will pack some light weight snacks in the suitcase, but somethings are just too bulky or heavy. I just want to have a few snacks and drinks for the room and some to shove in the backpacks for the parks.

It has been a while since staying at a Disney Resort. We will be staying at the WL.
Thanks!
:mickey:

VWL Mom
09-06-2013, 03:48 PM
WL Merchantile does not have yogurt or fruit cups, they are available at Roaring Forks. They do have the other items you mentioned along with snack cheese, luncheon meat, bottled juice, crackers, and cereal. Since the villas are there they do have a good selection and the prices aren't too bad.

Arielfan98
09-06-2013, 05:11 PM
I've actually found that if you look in your hotel's food court you can find great snacks. I always stay at All Star Music but every food court offers the typical fruit, yogurt, veggies and hummus and you can even find a family size popcorn bag there that should last a bit for a week. :popcorn:

smallworld
09-06-2013, 11:12 PM
fyi, a couple of years ago Erin Foster did an article for the Disney Food Blog that offered a comprehensive listing of foods available in the resort shops, with pictures. If I'm not mistaken, the article was one in a series about the DVC villa kitchens.

Susan A
09-07-2013, 09:15 PM
I'll google Erin Foster and her blog. Thank you!