PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Week

Allenfow98
09-06-2013, 02:07 PM
UGHHH..what am I thinking? or not that bad?

Is it that a much a difference in attendance from any other week in November?

Allenfow98
09-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Or is everyone who is going to be there just gonna be from Jersey?

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Not that bad. We've been once during Jersey Week, and it was busier than we expected, but nothing crazy ... October was much busier (at least during our trip).

cather74
09-06-2013, 02:59 PM
There is an actual Jersey week? When is it?

missymouseworld
09-06-2013, 08:22 PM
It coincides with the week that the NJ teacher's have their convention and many school districts close for the entire week preceding that. This year, election day falls on Tuesday, Nov. 5th, and the teacher's convention is Nov. 7 & 8th. "Jersey Week" is Nov. 4th-8th. However, a lot of school districts also have off on Monday, Nov. 11th for Veteran's Day, so it may run a little bit longer.

As for crowds, we have been there during these weeks, and it was really great. The weather is generally good and the lines are reasonable too. The crowds may be increased a bit due to the special offers/discounts for rooms during those dates. Free dining is not offered during that week.

The only really busy area during that time has been Epcot and the Food & Wine Festival.

brie9877
09-10-2013, 09:06 AM
ive gone 3 times during that week and i find it no busier then a typical theme park.

also the weather is pretty great. usually 75-80 during the day, can get chilly at night.

rjmdds
09-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Jersey Week is all hype. We've been there twice during it (yes, we're from NJ) and it is, in our opinion, one of the ideal times to go. The impact on the parks is zero. If you polled people as to where they were from, you'd probably get a higher % of NJ residents than any other state. That's about it. Other than that weather is great and crowds are very, very manageable. We never waited more than 15 minutes for a ride.

SBETigg
09-10-2013, 10:29 AM
They call it Jersey Week but a lot of Northeast schools actually have time off at that same time. But even then, it's really not that bad for crowds to my experience.

JerseyDad
09-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Jersey Week is all hype. We've been there twice during it (yes, we're from NJ) and it is, in our opinion, one of the ideal times to go. The impact on the parks is zero. If you polled people as to where they were from, you'd probably get a higher % of NJ residents than any other state. That's about it. Other than that weather is great and crowds are very, very manageable. We never waited more than 15 minutes for a ride.

....ditto. It was "the" time for our trips until youngest daughter got all these "advanced placement" classes in H.S. and couldn't even miss one day of school. The park crowds are much lighter than say, summer or spring break, that you'd wonder, "Where's the people"?

....but ...the very best part is the weather. It's low 80's (avg) daytime ...and mid to low 60's at night ...GREAT walking weather.

...only heavy crowds will be encountered at Epcot on the weekend due to Food & Wine festival.

....in retrospect, we should have gone this year during Jersey Week instead of two weeks ago.

RedSoxFan
09-10-2013, 03:53 PM
We arrive on Friday, 11/8 until 11/17. I am hoping for no crowds and good weather. We usually go Thanksgiving week so it's got to be better than that. DD16 has no school on Mon, Thur or Fri so she and her BFF that we are taking with us are only missing 2 days. Not bad. And we got the 30% room discount. Can't wait.

mommaoftwins+1
09-16-2013, 12:11 PM
This is our first trip, and we will be there during Jersey Week. (Not from Jersey though....from OH) I have heard that it is an ideal time to go. Hoping for great weather and low crowd levels! 47 days to go!!!!:party: