PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP Tips and Tricks

Pooh Fan
09-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Hey Experts
Heading to MNSSHP later this month for the first time with DW, DS 5 and DS 10. Hoping to get any tips or tricks you may have to maximize this experience. What are the must see and do's? Where is the trick or treating for the kids? Is it just random places or are there paths for them to follow? Any places that hand out an extra special treat that we shouldn't miss?
Thanks!

Strmchsr
09-05-2013, 03:04 PM
There's no path for the trick or treating but all of the places are clearly marked on the map and with signage. Make sure you get a good view of the parade early as the Headless Horseman is a must see. Decide your priority - meeting characters or trick or treating. You can do both but some of the special character lines can be really long so you have to plan accordingly. Also, be sure you go to the Haunted Mansion. There's a couple of special treats there and they have special "magic pictures" with the Photopass photographers around the HM.

cer
09-05-2013, 03:10 PM
I would recommend seeing the parade close to the step off point in the Frontier Land area as the Headless Horseman comes through quickly and then there is a big delay in the parade arrival the further down you are on the parade route. - at least that would be what I would do differently....:thumbsup:

NJGIRL
09-05-2013, 07:43 PM
My biggest tip is to be inside of the Magic Kingdom before the party starts to avoid the swarm of people coming in.

When we have gone that was our Magic Kingdom day. If you don't want to spend the whole day and have hoppers get there by 2 or 3 to avoid the crowds.

Pirate Granny
09-05-2013, 08:45 PM
You can enter MK at 4pm. We use the day before the party to shop or do a water park. We don't use a park day, since you are already paying for a party ticket. Parade and fireworks are awesome!

Main Street Jim
09-05-2013, 11:03 PM
You can enter MK at 4pm. We use the day before the party to shop or do a water park. We don't use a park day, since you are already paying for a party ticket. Parade and fireworks are awesome!What she said :)

Take a day off from the pressures of running around the theme parks *all day*. Take a day to to go to the pool; go shopping at DtD; eat at a restaurant you've never been to...do something during the day besides the parks.

You can enter MK with JUST your party tickets. You'll get wristbands. Hit your less-popular attractions when you get to the park. Hit your bigger attractions after the fireworks if the kids can make it that late :)

Pooh Fan
09-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Thanks so much. I really appreciate the tips! I'm sure we will have a blast.