09-05-2013, 10:28 AM
When: August 20 – 28, 2013

Who: Gene & Me

Today: August 26, 2013 - Monday

Plan for the Day: Animal Kingdom
Be Our Guest for dinner
Intercot meet at Top of the World – Bay Lake Tower

The Reality:

Since we had gone to Animal Kingdom the day before, we head to the pool today. The pool is practically empty when we arrive around 9. I have some fun with my new waterproof camera and get some shots of Gene swimming underwater. Pretty cool. We play in the pool for a while; lounge around for a while and then head back to our room.

For lunch, we have the leftover ribs from our dinner the evening before. After showers and dressing, we head over to the Magic Kingdom. Today’s forecast indicated there was a very low chance of some showers but, boy, am I glad Gene grabbed our umbrellas on this day.
We head to the bus stop and hop on the Magic Kingdom bus. By time, we get through the gates, the skies have opened and it pouring. We pause for a bit underneath the train station. Despite the rain, we head out and head towards Tomorrowland. Buzz Lightyear lists a 20 minute standby time but the line looks much longer than that so we head into Monsters Inc.

By time we exit, the sun is shining. Buzz’s line is still long so we head to the People Mover. They are maintaining a line at the bottom of the ride, only allowing folks to enter the ride a few at a time. While there, it begins to pour again. I’ve never ridden this ride in the pouring rain before!

I don’t remember the exact order, but I know we rode Buzz (the rain seemed to clear the line momentarily – it was long again by time we exited); Carousel of Progress; the Haunted Mansion and Mickey’s Philharmagic.

It was almost time for our Be Our Guest dinner reservation. When I checked it, the woman told me I would need to come back and check in again in 20 minutes. I don’t get this. They tell me to arrive at least 20 minutes ahead of my reservation but, if I arrive a bit earlier than that, they will not recognize me as being there unless I return to the podium again!

At the appointed time, I check in again. This time, I am given a beeper and told to stand on the bridge while waiting for my beeper to go off. The sun has come back out. It is quite hot on the bridge; there is very little shade; and no place to sit. Apparently, one person was allowed into the courtyard where there was a bench to sit but others were begin denied access because if he let one person go into the courtyard, he’d have to let everyone in (And, in realty, he HAS already allowed one person in to sit). He calls someone on his walkie talkie and, apparently, is given clearance to let folks into the courtyard. At least , there are some spots there with more shade. Gene & I had just entered the courtyard and stepped into a shady area when our beeper went off.

We were met in the courtyard by the hostess. She briefly showed us the room where the Beast holds court and said we could stop there for a picture with him after dinner. We walked into the Ballroom which was identified for us and then turned into a side room on the right where we were seated. We were told we would be free to explore the other areas of the restaurant upon completion of our meal. The room in which we were seated is smaller and more intimate – though still quite large. The ballroom is massive!

Occasionally, Beast makes a quick circuit through the dining rooms. He does not visit tables - just walks through.

For dinner, I order shrimp and scallops and can’t remember what Gene had. Our meal was okay – I thought mine was rather bland. We opted not to eat dessert. After we finished dining, we wandered through the other dining rooms as we were told we could.

When we exit, we walk over to Bay Lake Tower for the Intercot meet. We share the elevator with a woman and her daughter. She asks if we are there for the Intercot meet. We’ve now come across Marci and her daughter. Upon entering, we spot Mikki and Andrew straightaway. Mikki was bearing gifts. Thanks, Mikki, for the lovely notecards and the pin! Chris and her husband are there as is Lynn. We get to talking when a mom and her adult son ask if they can join us. They are not with Intercot but are soon part of the conversations going on. Blythe, Dan and their girls pop in for a little bit. Buddy and his wife arrive. Some folks have other commitments and need to leave. The rest of us head outside to watch Wishes. What a fun time we had!! Thanks, Mikki, for coordinating this!! Shortly after Wishes, we take our leave, walk back to the Magic Kingdom and hop on a bus to home.

Though it’s late by time we arrive, I still manage to get my tubby in before retiring for the evening.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Nice Intercot meet. Thanks for the report

DisneyorBust
09-06-2013, 10:16 AM
What a great way to spend part of your evening, with Intercot friends! Thanks for sharing your day with us.

Mickey'sGirl
09-06-2013, 11:11 AM
That's funny about your elevator meeting at Bay Lake!

We'll be dining at BOG in December, I'm hoping to not be seated in the beautiful big Ballroom (the large space and ambient noise would likely cause anxiety for my DS9 and mean that I couldn't hear very well).

faline
09-06-2013, 12:05 PM
We'll be dining at BOG in December, I'm hoping to not be seated in the beautiful big Ballroom (the large space and ambient noise would likely cause anxiety for my DS9 and mean that I couldn't hear very well).

When I saw how massive that space was, I was very glad we were seated in one of the other rooms!

buzznwoodysmom
09-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Yet another perfect day. Very cool Intercot meet. I've only met a few intercot members, but it's always like meeting old friends!

Christine
09-06-2013, 11:00 PM
It was so nice seeing you and Gene again!

And I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who was not wowed by BoG. I'm always met with gasps when I mention my dinner was just ok, nothing really noteable. :)

If you ever go back, reverse what you did this time- ship the dinner, have dessert! The strawberry cream cheese cupcake is to Die for!

faline
09-07-2013, 02:14 PM
It was so nice seeing you and Gene again!

And I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who was not wowed by BoG. I'm always met with gasps when I mention my dinner was just ok, nothing really noteable. :)

If you ever go back, reverse what you did this time- ship the dinner, have dessert! The strawberry cream cheese cupcake is to Die for!

It was good to see you again as well! Hope you had a wonderful trip to the other coast!!

I'll have to try the dessert at some point - maybe after some of the hype dies down.

pdrlkr
09-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
09-15-2013, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the report.

KylesMom
09-25-2013, 01:49 PM
I am sorry you guys weren't wowwed by BOG - but it's good that you were able to have the dining experience and tour the place.

What a delightful evening with INTERCOT friends, both new and old. Sounds like a fabulous night was had by all! :mickey:

Beach Club Babe
10-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Wonderful day! Your meet sounded like so much fun! Maybe one day the stars will align and we will meet!

faline
10-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Wonderful day! Your meet sounded like so much fun! Maybe one day the stars will align and we will meet!

I do hope so!! I would certainly enjoy that.

amorillo
10-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Another great day! We hope to try BOG on our next trip... hopefully things will have calmed down a bit by then.