PDA

View Full Version : WDW Trip Report - August/Sept 2013

dizzy123
09-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Wow! Just got back from a great trip in WDW with my parents, husband and 1 year old twins. The twins enjoyed every moment, however the heat kept us in the pools and at our room, more than at the parks. (Also caused all of us to become a little snappish and crabby. But, long lines and heat will do that to you! LOL)
We stayed at the Boardwalk, which was great due to the proximity to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We were able to walk to both without loading the stroller onto a bus. Upon checkin, a castmember gave both babies a Mickey Helium balloon and 1st time button. Awesome! Our suite was great, and tailored to our families needs. The resort itself seemed quiet, which was nice as we had no problems with crowds in the pools, waits at the restaurants or lines at the elevators. The parks were very hot (mid 90's every day) and crowds were heavy at times with wait times exceeding an hour) We did what we could, took lots of breaks and enjoyed ourselves :party: Loved Jelly Rolls and ESPN Club too!

Dsnygirl
09-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the report! Glad you had a great time, despite the heat... you are brave for taking young twins!! We just got back last week, as well, and although we didn't mind the heat too much, I can't imagine handling it with a young baby, let alone two - way to go! :thumbsup: If you can do double-duty in August, you know you've got it handled for ANYTHING you plan from here on out! ;)

(AND you managed to get to Jelly Rolls and the ESPN Club... we travelled with a 12 & 15 yr old, and didn't get there! :D)

faline
09-04-2013, 05:13 PM
We got back from a stay at Boardwalk just last week. Wonder if we were there at the same time?

Yes, it was quite hot and the crowds were larger than we expected as well.

Glad you enjoyed your trip!!

Ms. Mode
09-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the review on Boardwalk. It's on the short list for my next trip. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Glad you enjoyed your trip:mickey:

pdrlkr
09-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: