PDA

View Full Version : First time visiting in November

BrownEyedGrrl
09-04-2013, 02:32 PM
We usually do late September through early October, but are now planning our next trip for November of 2014. We are planning it around the second week of November, to coincide with my sister and BIL's family vacation, and hopefully get other family member's on board as well.

I went to WDW in November only one other time, and it was pretty cold (for Florida anyway, we did jeans and sweatshirts instead of shorts and tees), but I don't remember the date that we went, since I was still a teenager.

What are the crowds and temps typically like around the second week of November? It will be nice to experience WDW getting decked for Christmas, as opposed to always seeing the Halloween/Fall decor, but I'm a wee bit nervous about the crowd level and or dealing with chilly weather.

Lakin
09-04-2013, 03:06 PM
My mom and I usually go around Thanksgiving. Aside from the day after Thanksgiving (which is one of the most crowded days of the year), the crowds are quite manageable. The weather is great! The only time I had to worry about weather was in the afternoon around fireworks time. Silly me wore shorts and my mom wore capris - we freezed our butts off during Illuminations!

faline
09-04-2013, 05:28 PM
At that time of year, weather is a bit unpredictable. You could be wearing shorts 24/7 or you could need jeans/sweatshirts (particularly for evening times).

Crowds are variable. Very high during the Thanksgiving holiday and there is also a notch up during Jersey week.

Lindsey310
09-04-2013, 06:48 PM
We went one year the first week in November, a few days after Halloween and it was around 80-85 every day. I would anticipate the weather to be variable so pack all types of clothing. Crowds were nonexistent when we went. Have fun!! :pixie:

45 days!!!! :joy:

BrownEyedGrrl
09-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the replies! Looks like I will be stocking up on those pants that roll up and button into capris/shorts or zip off at the knee. :)