PDA

View Full Version : Studios vs regular rooms

Crow
09-04-2013, 02:22 PM
checking diff possibilities and was looking at either renting points or going thru sites for DVC studio at OKW , BW or AKL for 2 people. Is it worth staying at these compared to a reg room at AKL. I know that they don't have a kitchen unless u go up to a 1 bedroom. how about location and extras. Ive stayed at AKL but not OKW or BW.

VWL Mom
09-04-2013, 05:54 PM
checking diff possibilities and was looking at either renting points or going thru sites for DVC studio at OKW , BW or AKL for 2 people. Is it worth staying at these compared to a reg room at AKL. I know that they don't have a kitchen unless u go up to a 1 bedroom. how about location and extras. Ive stayed at AKL but not OKW or BW.

I would think you would save money renting a studio rather than a cash room. Some things to keep in mind though are when you rent points, they are nonrefundable and you will not have daily mousekeeping. I've not stayed at OKW or AKL yet but the BWV boardwalk view is just wonderful IMO.

snowflakegirl
09-04-2013, 06:52 PM
I've never stayed in the DVC studios, so I can't really speak to differences,but I was looking at renting points for my next trip and found that between a regular savannah view room and a DVD savannah view studio, I'd save going with the DVC rental.

Disney4us2
09-04-2013, 07:39 PM
I have stayed at OKW and AKL DVC studios. OKW the room is very large and has 2 queen beds.

AKL... Just stayed in a standard view room last week and in a savannah view room in 2011. Both rooms were at Kidani Village and were the same except for the view. There is one queen bed and a queen sleeper sofa. I actually slept on it in the sofa form and it was comfortable. Didn't want to pull it out.

The studios have a small kitchenette. It has a microwave, dorm style fridge, coffee maker, and a toaster.

OKW is a large resort, all spread out. AKL is also large but easier to navigate. I was in the north end in the first room off of the elevator to the lobby. Last time (2011) we were almost at the end of the building, and it was quite a hike. I put in a request to be close to the lobby and this time got it. Last time I didn't. I did miss the savannah view, but I wanted to save points.

I have not stayed in the regular rooms at AKL. So I don't know how big or the size of the room is. The regular rooms at AKL are all at Jambo House. The busses stop at Kidani Village first (except for the DTD bus..I think) and then go to Jambo House. It is the same on the return to the resort as well.

AKL is not my home resort, but feels like home to us.:mickey:

Crow
09-05-2013, 01:07 AM
yea the nonrefundable thing might b bothersome. the housekeeping isn't a problem though as I wouldn't make much mess.
I do like AKL lodge, but BW has a good location. OKW seemed nice when I took a bus to there from a park then a boat to DD.
so for theming AKL
for location BW since I could walk to Epcot
for staying at a place I haven't yet, BW or OKW.

Crow
09-07-2013, 09:24 PM
so any other opinions between OKW, AK or BW studio villas

Lindsey310
09-08-2013, 11:40 AM

We like staying in the villas...they are located in the 5th and 6th floor (if you are in jambo house) and you can get it much cheaper if you rent points vs paying rack rates or even with a room discount. :thumbsup:
We like all three but if I had to rank them, it would prob be AKL, OKW, BW. I feel like the BW rooms are in need of an upgrade but the rooms and resort at OKW are so spread out but we always have a car so it's not an issue. We really love the room updates at OKW. The only downside on AKL is that it's not centrally located. The points at OKW are the cheapest (if budget is an issue for you) followed by AKL and then BW being the highest points depending on when you go. Let us know what you choose!!

41 days!!!!! :joy:

Crow
09-08-2013, 02:21 PM
id rank them same for the theming AKL, OKW then BW. the big thing for BW is the location. I could b at Epcot in minutes. and they are almost the same price for value studios where I looked

AgentC
09-08-2013, 05:59 PM
I haven't stayed in the studios at BW only a regular room but BW would be my top choice for the location. The walk into Epcot is so easy. The boardwalk is fun and if you are going at holiday time the decorations are excellent and you can hit the other Epcot resorts to view to decorations as well.

I adore AKL but it does feel more isolated to me. I lobe the room size at OKW but since I live in FL to me it feels tha same as a lot of developments here.

Crow
09-08-2013, 07:10 PM
yea im going back and forth on which of them. the location of BW is pulling me...but the theme of AK is too

Crow
09-09-2013, 11:55 PM
looks like they are sold out...so back to the drawing board for my last 3 nights.