PDA

View Full Version : January here we come

Dulcee
09-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Well despite some difficulties with planning and making decisions we have finally organized a group vacation to WDW from January 4 -11th.

Got a tree house villa reservation by the skin of our teeth. Anyone ever stay in these? It was the best option for making it affordable for all parties involved but still staying together. I'm afraid of it feeling not very disney-esque.

Inlaws also agreed that some pre planning would be a good idea (which is great since I"m normally a spreadsheet planner girl). Was able to get ADRs for 7 for Ohanas, Jiko, Tusker House breakfast, Biergarten, Raglan road and...

drum roll please....

Be Our Guest.

Was just poking around this morning for the heck of it and sure enough came across a dinner reservation for 7!

Traveling with a large group with DH and I being huge WDW fans and the rest being more ambivalent should be interesting but I'm super excited. Also going to give Best Friends Pet Resort a try with our two pooches.

mgmnut
09-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Nice! and it's just 4 months away!

Happy Planning!!

cer
09-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Well, if you need a break, there will be a bunch of us there for the ICOT meet...

Just sayin'... ;)

By the way, your reservations look great!

VWL Mom
09-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Christine stayed at THV recently. You can read her thoughts here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=200883).

Melanie
09-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Yes, check the meets thread and join us if you can break away.

Dulcee
09-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Yes, check the meets thread and join us if you can break away.

DH and I may have too!

Getting FIL to transfer the ressie to magical journeys to make life easy if discounts appear :fingers crossed:

epceddie
09-10-2013, 09:47 PM
We have enjoyed going in January in the past and hope you have a great trip. Just be warned that Space Mountain and some other attractions will probably be down for rehab and that weather can be dicey. One one of our trips, it was jeans and sweatshirt weather and we didn't wear shorts at all. Didn't even go swimming. Early in the morning a couple of times, we also had to scrape ice off the car windshield with a credit card. We've also had great weather in January though, so you'll just have to wait and see. I'm not trying to bring you down or anything. You just need to know that there can be some tradeoffs when you travel to Florida in January. On the plus side, the crowds have always been very manageable. Hopefully you'll have great weather and you'll be able to make some great memories with your family. Congrats on getting the Treehouse Villas and some great ADR's! Stayed in the original treehouses one time and had a blast. Very homey and I'm sure they're even better now.