PDA

View Full Version : Best time for Universal

mgmnut
09-04-2013, 01:08 PM
what is the "slow time" for Universal? I would imagine it is similar to WDW right?

I am trying to figure a time to go for a quick 4 night 5 day trip next year. I figure if I plan it right we could pull it off with minimal impact to school. We haven't pulled the kids out of school for a vacation since 2006 when my twins were in the 4th grade, they'll be juniors in HS at the time of the trip next year. I did a price comparison for the months of Aug, Sept, Oct, and Nov. Going by Price it appears late Sept would be best. Does anyone know how low the crowds are in late sept? Would anyone recommend any of the other months over about the 3rd week of Sept?

Also, the new HP construction is scheduled to be done by then correct?

lalahe
09-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Touring Plans has universal crowd calendars now.

mgmnut
09-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Yes but you have to pay to subscribe to get any info. I am just looking for others past experiences

MizMissy
09-04-2013, 01:59 PM
I would think that mid to late September would be a less busy time, however, you should be aware of the scheduled Halloween Horror Nights that will increase crowds. I'm not certain when they start in September, if there is a time after Labor Day but before HHN begins, that might be the least busy.

Maybe early November before Thanksgiving? (not sure if "Jersey Week" impacts Universal like it does WDW)

lalahe
09-04-2013, 02:52 PM
I looked at the crowd calendar for you and sept is a great month. Its a slow month for crowds. To give you an idea based on crowd levels of 1-10 with 10 being busiest here is what sept looks like
Sept 10 - level 2
sept 11 - level 1
Sept 12 - level 2
Sept 13 - level 2
sept 14- level 3
Sept 15-17 level 2
Sept 18 - level 1
Step 19- level 2
Sept 20- level 3
Sept 21- level 4
Sept 22-25- level 2
Sept 26-27 level 3
Sept 28 level 4
Sept 29 level 3
Sept 30 level 2

Jan and Feb dates have low crowds as well as Nov 3-8 and Nov 14-22 which are mostly 1 out of 10

Hope that helps

mgmnut
09-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Yes it does help. Thank You very much.

DizneyFreak2002
09-04-2013, 11:28 PM
mgmnut, to answer your question about Diagon Alley being open, Universal is shooting for Spring/Summer 2014 for opening... Probably by June... I would say yes, the land should be open by September...

bruin1344
09-05-2013, 01:08 PM
what is the "slow time" for Universal? I would imagine it is similar to WDW right?

I am trying to figure a time to go for a quick 4 night 5 day trip next year. I figure if I plan it right we could pull it off with minimal impact to school. We haven't pulled the kids out of school for a vacation since 2006 when my twins were in the 4th grade, they'll be juniors in HS at the time of the trip next year. I did a price comparison for the months of Aug, Sept, Oct, and Nov. Going by Price it appears late Sept would be best. Does anyone know how low the crowds are in late sept? Would anyone recommend any of the other months over about the 3rd week of Sept?

Also, the new HP construction is scheduled to be done by then correct?

Early November is a great time to go. Weather is beautiful, flight prices were reasonable, and
crowds are small (only long wait I saw was for HP ride)