PDA

View Full Version : New Haunted Mansion pattern Dooney bag!

Christine
09-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Saw this on the Disney park blog and just had to share!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/09/spine-tingling-haunted-mansion-inspired-dooney-bourke-bag-coming-to-disney-parks-on-september-13/

Btw- what a cute release date!

buzznwoodysmom
09-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Cute!!

SurferStitch
09-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Very nicely done. I love it!

Mickey'sGirl
09-04-2013, 12:40 PM
I must have it! It is fabulous.

VWL Mom
09-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Pattern is cute, release date is cute, price not so cute. $330 for a cloth bag :jaw:

Ms. Mode
09-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Pattern is cute, release date is cute, price not so cute. $330 for a cloth bag :jaw:

I'm with you! I love the bag, but I can't see paying that much for a bag. Ok....I'm cheap :blush:

kakn7294
09-04-2013, 01:17 PM
I LOVE IT!!! I just wish I could afford it...

Melanie
09-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Been discussing it all morning on FB on a few of my Dooney groups. lol! So excited and can't wait to get it. But, I was under the impression it was leather, and it is a large bag. If it's cloth, may need to rethink.

SBETigg
09-04-2013, 02:12 PM
I think it's lacking the unique feel and whimsy of other Dooney Disney bags, but maybe that's just me. It's kind of generic looking to me. Though that does make it easier to carry on a daily basis. It would go with a lot of outfits and situations.

VWL Mom
09-04-2013, 02:13 PM
You may be right Mel. When I blow up the photo it does look pebbled.

tinkwest
09-04-2013, 02:22 PM
I really like this Haunted Mansion pattern. I just can't make myself pay $330 for a purse. I'd be more inclined to tuck that money away for my annual pass renewal.

Lakin
09-04-2013, 03:11 PM
I think it's lacking the unique feel and whimsy of other Dooney Disney bags, but maybe that's just me. It's kind of generic looking to me.

I totally agree.

I love the Haunted Mansion, and I love Dooney, but I'm not big on the bag. Just looks like a wallpaper-patterned bag to me - not particularly appealing to a seventeen year old, I suppose.

Melanie
09-04-2013, 05:45 PM
I think it's lacking the unique feel and whimsy of other Dooney Disney bags, but maybe that's just me. It's kind of generic looking to me. Though that does make it easier to carry on a daily basis. It would go with a lot of outfits and situations.

That's why I like it. I've been longing for darker patterns in the Disney Dooney's (the light ones have too many issues with bleeding, staining) and this one is understated enough to carry more frequently. I just wish the inside lining was purple, and not red.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-05-2013, 11:21 AM
I do like it, but the $330 just isn't in the budget.

I guess I'll stick with my purple one ... it still looks new after a couple of years!

DonaldDuckUSA
09-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Oh, mygod.

This may be the one I save my money for. I've never been able to justify buying a Disney dooney bag because I just can't see myself using it every day.

This, on the other hand, is the family's favorite ride AND it looks really sophisticated.

...well done Disney.

GMRO
09-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Personally, I’m not sure I dig it. I’d have to see the fabric in person. YUP, I’m a Disney purse aficionado believe it or not! I’ve helped the wife scope out her favorites for years so I can relate to all your comments. LOL

Actually she’s a COACH gal but has a pretty good Disney purse collection as well. ;)
And I’ve been with her – out’n-about - when other gals have approached her and commented about her Disney purse, depending on what she is using at that time - seasonal of course.

Lately she’s been getting a lot of comments on her new “Harvey – WDW Comic Color Print” purse that she got this past May13’ when we were away. No matter where we are at she will get a comment - like “hey is that the …” I always get a chuckle out of it. BUT I’m glad she likes them.

2 years ago she scored on SALE on the DREAM a very nice Dooney Cruise purse. Deal was way too good to pass on. AND every time she has that purse on her arm it gets complements. It’s white and has a lot of cruise characters on it. They may have retired it? Or not…it is a very nice looking purse.

I only regret a few years ago that she didn’t get the 40th anniversary purse at the MK @ WDW during our May trip for that year. We saw it on mainstreet at the “watch” store midway up Mainstreet USA and I was telling her she should get it. We have the coffee mugs for that year and the design is very similar and maybe a bit busy but very nice looking. ANYWAY we got burnt by NOT getting it. Once home it was not available anywhere. Least the SIZE/STYLE she wanted. They had the smaller over the shoulder saddle size and what I consider the TRAVEL LOUGAGE size one. Her favorite size is the one that’s in-between those 2. Well we lost out on that one.

BUT this one - HM Dooney at $330…bit steeeeeppp.

ENJOY GALS!

SBETigg
09-05-2013, 01:57 PM
That's why I like it. I've been longing for darker patterns in the Disney Dooney's (the light ones have too many issues with bleeding, staining) and this one is understated enough to carry more frequently. I just wish the inside lining was purple, and not red.

Yeah, I can see it being better for frequent use. I do like the red lining, but purple would work well, too, and feel more in keeping with the theme.

MNNHFLTX
09-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Oooh, I love it! Especially love the outside pockets--very handy for my type of storage. Plus it's a subtle Disney design, which is kind of a nice change of pace.

Mickey'sGirl
09-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Me too!! But I LOVE the RED.

I use a black "Balloon" Dooney purse for my everyday, and it looks as good as it did when I started using it 18 months ago. Well worth the money for a well made bag. The lining finish is superior, and I especially love the key tether and access card sized pockets on the interior. That back is fully worth every C note I spent on it, so I will not hesitate to get this bag once my personal WDW shopper scopes it out for me next week! :party:

SurferStitch
09-06-2013, 11:50 AM
$330???

Okay, don't love it anymore. While I can afford it, I would never pay that for a D&B purse. I just don't think the richness and quality are there.

Too bad. Still a cute design.

And I agree... a purple lining would look much nicer with the design.

hauntedmansiongirl
09-07-2013, 01:32 AM
Oh My Gosh! I am in love! My DH just asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I had no clue. This is definitely it!

I do agree that purple lining would have been much better though! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
09-07-2013, 01:00 PM
I absolutely love this.... just wish D&B wasn't so expensive!! :( Going to have to set aside some pennies (and dollars!!) to save up for one someday... between this and the brown leather ones, it might take awhile, but I love them!! :cloud9:

Melanie
09-13-2013, 09:09 AM
So from ladies picking up the bags this morning, it's been confirmed this is the coated cotton material, with leather trim.

doombuggy
09-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Yes, I picked mine up yesterday. The red lining (i would have preferred purple) is suede like.

This is a large bag. I had to have it though. I ended up using my rewards card, a gift card and some cash, so I feel like it only cost me $60, since that is what I "paid" for it after the other stuff.

I like a larger purse, and I have several DD&Bs with the satchel being my favorite style. This is about the size of the sketch totes. I could probably fit this laptop in there (it's 11"). A tablet would fit in there nicely. The top part of the purse flops over a little bit. I was a little disappointed in the fob though. The emblem of the HM is just printed on there...I was thinking it was going to be more 3D, like the dooney duck...

Melanie
09-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Sounds great though. Congrats on your new addition. I guess there was room for one more. :hmghost:

TiggeRia
09-15-2013, 03:13 PM
I am really wanting this purse, but would like to have it for the month of September and October for Halloween since it is the Haunted Mansion, after all! Unfortunately, I am not going to WDW until the end of October and they won't sell it online until later in the fall. :( Does anyone know if it would be available to purchase through WDW merchandising, if I were to call??

Lindsey
09-19-2013, 01:48 PM
That is super cool!!! :cool: I would buy it in a heartbeat, but I am bummed to find out that they used real leather instead of faux/mock leather. I won't buy products made with animals. Oh well. :(

DonaldDuckUSA
09-19-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm a little bummed that it's not leather.

To me, that's the whole point of a Dooney bag.

Oh well. No big loss. :-)

AdventurerKim
09-24-2013, 03:00 PM
I would love to have this purse even though it is not the kind of purse I would normally carry (too big and arm/shoulder bag), but the price is too high for me. I'll take 3 days in the parks instead and ride HM as much as I want. :mickey:

cer
09-24-2013, 03:58 PM
... but the price is too high for me. I'll take 3 days in the parks instead and ride HM as much as I want. :mickey:

excellent point.

hauntedmansiongirl
09-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has any new info on this purse. My DH had wanted to buy this purse for me for my birthday a few weeks ago but it wasn't offered online- only in the Disney parks. We live near Toronto, so it wasn't an option for us to run down there. Now we are in Disney World, and of course, the bags are sold out. He feels really bad and wants to buy this purse for me. I've told him not to worry, but he is upset for me.

I went on the Disney Store online and they show the bag, but when you click to buy it, all it says is "this item cannot be purchased at this time." I called them and the girl I talked to said they don't know anything about it. Even with the item number she couldn't find it. I called back again and got a different girl who found the item but said that it must be sold out. In WDW they are telling me that it hasn't been offered online, but will be "at some point." I'm just hoping someone out there in cyberspace knows something, anything about this purse. I am a huge Haunted Mansion and Dooney & Burke fan and would love to own this purse!

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

:confused: :hmghost:

Melanie
09-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Oh goodness, what a pain, hauntedmansiongirl. :(

I'm on a Disney Dooney page on Facebook, and here's what I'm seeing on there. It did indeed go on sale online last night at midnight. Some of the gals in this group were able to order one, but I see a post from 7 hours ago that says they are already sold out. But then, a few folks were saying they were able to get one after that, and are encouraging folks to try again, or refresh the page.

Sorry, that's all I can report. Good luck!

hauntedmansiongirl
09-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Oh, that is such a bummer! I can't believe I missed it by a few hours....so sad! I guess I'll have to keep trying. And I'll have to like that Disney Dooney page on Facebook!

Thanks again Melanie!

TiggeRia
09-30-2013, 08:14 PM
There was a rumor online that they were to go on sale today. Unfortunately, they release the products at 12 am Pacific time, or 3 am EST. My DH stayed up till 3 am waiting for it to come for sale, but figured that it wasn't happening after he waited for 15 minutes. So he went back to bed....only to discover that right after he turned off the computer they went up for sale. And unfortunately, they sold out rather quickly....

hauntedmansiongirl
10-01-2013, 12:48 AM
That really ***** Tiggeria! Your husband must be so frustrated. Mine has been on eBay today and wants to buy me one that is listed for $550. The seller has 4 of them. I can't believe that they have jumped $220 in one day! That is almost a whole other Dooney bag!

Kind of sad that there are those of us die hard fans trying so hard to get these bags, yet eBay sellers seem to buy them in batches with no problems. I'm going to have to keep trying with the Disney online website I guess!

If anybody hears anything can you please keep us posted! Thanks so much for your help!

TiggeRia
10-02-2013, 10:19 AM
He felt so badly he was going to fly me to WDW as a surprise so I could go find it there until he discovered it's not available there, either. I refuse to buy it off of ebay...what a rip off! They have actually removed the listing completely from the Disney Shopping website and the rumor is it won't be available for another six months. I think they screwed up in the marketing of this one....

Melanie
10-02-2013, 11:00 AM
They have actually removed the listing completely from the Disney Shopping website and the rumor is it won't be available for another six months. I think they screwed up in the marketing of this one....

Yikes! Sounds like it.