PDA

View Full Version : Just booked August 2014

Jeddie
09-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Just booked our MYW packages with Wendy from MJ for our family (myself, DW, DD-7, DD-5, DD-1 [at time of travel] in one room and my BIL and FIL in another at POFQ. Right now have 8/10 - 8/23 reserved, but only planning for 10 days depending on when airfare becomes available and what makes most economic sense with that. Can't wait already! This time DD-7 and DD-5 should be able to ride all the 44-in rides, and it will be DD-1's first trip! Looking forward (although somewhat anxious) to planning this trip with the new MyMagic+, Fastpass+, Magicbands, etc when it becomes available. Looks like I won't need my handy-dandy spreadsheet this time organizing all of our ADRs, EMH, etc. It'll be right on my phone (Ah, I still enjoy doing my spreadsheet though, I'm an accountant! :geek:

I know its going to be HOT, but was just curious if anyone has a guess as to how the crowds will be those 2 weeks. I think we're in before most kids go back to school, so I'm expecting it to be crowded still.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Just as you think, crowds will be heaviest at the beginning of your trip, and will start to decrease the more kids go back to school. Early August is still pretty busy, late August not so much so.

Jeddie
09-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Just as you think, crowds will be heaviest at the beginning of your trip, and will start to decrease the more kids go back to school. Early August is still pretty busy, late August not so much so.

Thanks! That's what I thought and that's why I'm planning for 10 days to not exert ourselves too much, too quickly in the heat and crowds.

faline
09-04-2013, 11:43 AM
If this August is any indication, the crowds did NOT go away as you got further into the month.

Regardless of the crowds, though, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!!

mgmnut
09-04-2013, 11:46 AM
We went in Aug last year and this year. Last year was Aug 26 to Sept 2, this year it was Aug 16 to Aug 23.

Last year crowds were very manageable the whole trip. It even got quieter as the week went on but levels were good right from the start.

This year the first couple days of the trip had some pretty high crowd levels but dropped off after the first weekend. The kids down south went back to school the week of the 18th which was a major contributor to the drop in crowd levels.

We definately had some pretty hot days with high humidity this year, rain every day for a least a little while, and a couple of really good downpours that lasted for quite a while. Honestly, neither factor ruined the trip, we still had a blast. Lot's of water and lot's of "browsing" in the A/C'd stores and we were good.

mgmnut
09-04-2013, 11:53 AM
If this August is any indication, the crowds did NOT go away as you got further into the month.

Regardless of the crowds, though, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!!

I think we were down around the same timeframe. Did you not think the levels went down during the week of the 18th? I felt as if they did, maybe we just lucked out in our planning choices. Seemed to me like we waited lots longer the first few days than we did the last few.

Either way the closer to the end of the month you can go the better I would say. I would love to do a trip in Sept sometime, after all the kids here up north go back.