PDA

View Full Version : WDW Beach Club Trip Report - The Good

azcavalier
09-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Got back on Monday from our ten day trip to WDW and Hilton Head. Rather than a "blow by blow" account, here were the highlights:

1. The Beach Club was *awesome*! Stormalong Bay was a ton of fun, and the sand-bottom pool rocks. Plus, our room was 1505. Just about as far as you could get from the main lobby, but only two rooms in all of WDW are closer to Epcot (those would be 1503 and 1501). Our room was the middle room on the end of the wing closest to Epcot, and there was a side exit we could leave from. Then out through the gate, over the bridge, and we're in the international gateway entrance! It was the best.

2. Splash Mountain...as it should be. For the first time in years, Splash Mountain was had everything working. It was great to see it back to normal. The only thing missing was the "jumping" water that would jump over the logs as you passed by. But everything else was great.

3. Our older two kids (16 and 13) went off and played Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom by themselves and had a lot of fun. For the first time we even let them go to the park by themselves, just to play it. We hung out at the pool instead, and they hopped the monorail to meet us at O'hana for dinner. It's awesome that they can be responsible and go have fun.

4. Crowds - totally manageable. The longest we waited for anything was about 20 minutes. Of course, that was partially because of our judicious use of FastPasses.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Glad to hear a good review of BC after seeing so many negatives lately. Thanks for the report:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
09-04-2013, 12:00 PM
LOVE Beach Club. I think it's the most enjoyable resort, along with YC, for a summer Disney trip. We stayed at YC last summer and used the pool more than we've ever done before.

So cool that you can let your kids have that freedom. Mine are 13 and 11, and I can't wait till they are just a bit older to allow them to do this once in a while.

Glad you enjoyed the trip. I'm anxious to hear about Hilton Head!

faline
09-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Sounds like it was a really fun trip!

azcavalier
09-04-2013, 02:28 PM
LOVE Beach Club. I think it's the most enjoyable resort, along with YC, for a summer Disney trip. We stayed at YC last summer and used the pool more than we've ever done before.

So cool that you can let your kids have that freedom. Mine are 13 and 11, and I can't wait till they are just a bit older to allow them to do this once in a while.

Glad you enjoyed the trip. I'm anxious to hear about Hilton Head!

I forgot to include it in my report!

We were only at Hilton Head for one night. We checked in to the Omni Beachfront around 7pm, and then went out to the beach. It was breezy, so some nice waves.

I got up early the next morning to watch the sunrise. I was trying to take photos of the sunrise, and I noticed a fin in the water about 100 yards off-shore. At first I thought it was a shark, but after watching some more, and as the sun rose, it was obvious that it was a pod of Dolphins! They were playing and jumping around. That was really cool to see.

After breakfast, we all went out to the beach and just had a nice morning. The temperature was just right, the wind had died down some, and it was just a lot of fun. Then we hit the pool for an hour, cleaned up, checked out, and started the 6 hour drive home.

princessgirls
09-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Glad you had a great time at the Beach Club and WDW!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

Lindsey310
09-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Great summary!! Glad you had a nice time...we are staying at HH in feb and heading to WDW next month.

45 days!!!!! :mpumpkin:

taleasoldastime
09-05-2013, 12:00 AM
sounds awesome to be so close to epcot! glad you had a great trip :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-07-2013, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

January-2007
09-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks for reporting.