PDA

View Full Version : WDWRR loop or stop

ANG
09-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Just curious:

When you usually ride the WDWRR, is it to ride all the way around or to get off at a particular stop?

We ride the train every time for the ambiance and have never used it as a shortcut.

Bay Lake
09-04-2013, 08:44 AM
We treat it as an attraction, where ever we get on, we get off. Plus its too hard to get a stroller on the train and sit comfortable when it crowded.

disneymom15
09-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Most times we ride the full loop. We have, on occasion, gotten off at a different stop.

steamboat willy
09-04-2013, 09:56 AM
:train:
We get on at Main Street Station, ride all the way around , stay on and get off at either Frontierland or Fantasyland Stations.
So said it will be closed!

Arielfan98
09-04-2013, 10:32 AM
We use it to get to a stop, however, we use it to get around the parks often enough that we do ride through the entire railroad track, just not in one piece like you do.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-04-2013, 10:49 AM
We do both.

On this last trip, we used it a lot as transportation. Get on a Main Street, and off at Fantasyland. Saved a few steps (especially with DD in a wheelchair) and got a bit of an attraction in too!

snowflakegirl
09-04-2013, 06:30 PM
It's become a tradition to make the WDWRR our first ride of every trip...sort of to get us even more excited for the things to come....so we start and end on Main Street.

Lindsey310
09-04-2013, 06:40 PM
We use it to get to frontier land but always make a point to do one full loop at least once per trip..it's so relaxing!!

45 days!!!! :joy:

Main Street Jim
09-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Traveling speed: 10 miles per hour.

Entire trip around the park: approximately 20 minutes.

You *can* take a personal stroller with you on the train; it just needs to folded up and put in the row with you.

Rental strollers: park your current stroller at the station you're boarding at. Take the nametag and receipt with you. At your next stop, pick up another rental stroller (all three stations are pretty well stocked - or at least, used to be).

Three stops (in order): Main Street station (closest stop for all Disney transportation, including buses, Monorails, and watercraft), Frontierland station (closest stop for Liberty Square and Adventureland), and Storybook Circus (closest stop for Tomorrowland and Fantasyland).

When two trains are running, it's approximately seven minutes between trains (this is most days).

When three trains are running, it's approximately four minutes between trains.

:thumbsup:
:train:

DVCJohn
09-05-2013, 10:47 AM
I have been on the railroad many time but I never noticed if it is possible to take an ECV on.
Anyone know?

Giggy
09-05-2013, 01:41 PM
We use it to get to a stop, however, we use it to get around the parks often enough that we do ride through the entire railroad track, just not in one piece like you do.

That is how we often seem to use it. It is a fun way to get around and I like to use the different stations. We use it more than once though so we see every leg of the journey.

Traditionally our first day we used to travel from Mainstreet to Toontown first thing on our first day.

On our last visit (2010) we started with a walk down Main Street to Frontierland to do Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain, then took the train to Toontown. On a later day in the vacation we did the Main Street to Frontierland leg. Then on our final day having finished off on Space Mountain we walked to Toontown (as wanted to say goodbye to it) and took the train back to Main Street.

Sorry, I can ramble on about most Walt Disney World topics for a while and the Railroad is probably one of my best topics! :train:

Main Street Jim
09-05-2013, 10:38 PM
I have been on the railroad many time but I never noticed if it is possible to take an ECV on.
Anyone know?

No ECVs are permitted *on* the train. You must park your ECV at a station and make a round-trip.

Eric87
09-07-2013, 11:26 AM
We usually do both. We'll ride the entire loop before we leave on our last day to just sit and take it all in. Otherwise we use it to get to the back of the park.

epceddie
09-09-2013, 06:28 PM
We love to ride the railroad and usually do 1 or 2 loops before getting off. It's a great way to spend some time off your feet and catch your breath. We like to get off at the Fantasyland stop and walk over to Tomorrowland for Buzz Lightyear, the Carousel of Progress and the People Mover.