PDA

View Full Version : best quick service in US and IOA

thejens
09-03-2013, 11:36 PM
I am wondering what are the best places to eat in the Universal parks. I have heard the food is not that great so would like to choose the best quick services in the parks for lunch. Would also love to know what are best, nicer restaurants for dinner. I assume these might be in the resorts? Is there real food in Wizarding Wof HP? or just butter beer?

Pirate Granny
09-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Real food at the three broomsticks in HPland. Breakfast and lunch/dinner. Cafeteria type style, but well done and seating is controlled. No eating your own food in there. Never had counter service...did eat at Methous (sp) in the Park, rave reviews, but we were not impressed with food or service. It's close to HP land.

NJGIRL
09-04-2013, 09:35 AM
I am wondering what are the best places to eat in the Universal parks. I have heard the food is not that great so would like to choose the best quick services in the parks for lunch. Would also love to know what are best, nicer restaurants for dinner. I assume these might be in the resorts? Is there real food in Wizarding Wof HP? or just butter beer?

I have to strongly disagree about the food not being that great at the Universal parks. This was talked about recently so I will try to find the thread and link it for you.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=199073

You started it. lol

And here is another one.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=196243

thejens
09-05-2013, 12:55 AM
Thanks. Hmm...I will have to try three broomsticks in IOA, but not sure which is best in Universal Studios. Any thoughts about best dinner dining? Table Service, but not in Parks?

Also, do we need reservations?

buzznwoodysmom
09-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Definitely have lunch at Three Broomsticks in IOA. It's some of the best theme park fast food we've had. The chicken and ribs combo is excellent and a ton of food.

One of our favorite dinner locations at Universal is Bubba Gump' s at City Walk. However, we had an amazing dinner at The Kitchen at the Hard Rock Hotel in Feb.

DizneyFreak2002
09-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Three Broomsticks for counter service for sure... Mythos for sit down.... Both in IOA obviously... Finnnegan's I hear is very good in Universal...

On CityWalk, Margaritaville... Reservations are suggested... Universal books 30 days in advance, unless that has changed now.. But Open Table takes Universal dining 60 days or so out...

NJGIRL
09-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Outside of the Parks...my vote is Pastamore in City Walk. As far as the hotels go..we have eaten at a lot of their restaurants and bars. They have all been very good.

Oh and don't try to go to Margaritaville without a reservation. We always have reservations and still end up waiting a little while to be seated. People without wait a very long time.

DizneyFreak2002
09-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Oh and don't try to go to Margaritaville without a reservation. We always have reservations and still end up waiting a little while to be seated. People without wait a very long time.

:thumbsup:

I can attest to that... They allowed me to walk up, but I had to wait a long time... Reservations are seated first... I walked away.. Then in 2011, I booked through Open Table outside of the 30 day Universal window... Worked perfectly! I will use Open Table again...

mgmnut
09-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Finnnegan's I hear is very good in Universal...

We ate there a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was very good. It was not busy at all when we went.

buzznwoodysmom
09-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Outside of the Parks...my vote is Pastamore in City Walk. As far as the hotels go..we have eaten at a lot of their restaurants and bars. They have all been very good.

I guess because we eat at the Margaritaville in New Orleans once or twice a year it's not a place we tend to eat at on vacation. Is it really that popular in Universal? I had no idea, and I definitely wouldn't have thought about making a reservation there.

We have never had reservations at Bubba Gump, or even The Kitchen. Our wait at BG was less then 30 minutes each time, and I don't think we waited at The Kitchen at all.

Christine
09-06-2013, 03:32 PM
We like 3 broomsticks and the new food court in Springfield!

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2013, 04:29 PM
We like 3 broomsticks and the new food court in Springfield!

I think I may be trying the food court in October... And if not, than at least Moe's.. Gotta have a Flaming Moe.. And a Duff Beer..

Christine
09-06-2013, 05:09 PM
The food is good! Try it! And get the Lard Boy donut for dessert- too funny!
The Duff beer is DELICIOUS! Same brewery as HP area.
I didn't care for the Flaming Moe- too orange / alka seltzer for me, but DH liked it :)

NJGIRL
09-06-2013, 10:28 PM
I guess because we eat at the Margaritaville in New Orleans once or twice a year it's not a place we tend to eat at on vacation. Is it really that popular in Universal? I had no idea, and I definitely wouldn't have thought about making a reservation there.

I think the food there is OK, but we go for the party atmosphere. Not sure if they do this at every Margaritaville, I have only been to the Universal restaurant, but when the Volcano goes off a lot of singing, dancing and craziness ensues, just a lot of fun!

Christine
09-06-2013, 11:06 PM
We eat on the patio at margaritaville. No long waits, still live music, but a little quieter and great views

hauntedmansiongirl
09-07-2013, 01:37 AM
I'm excited to go to Springfield now! Flaming Moe and Duff Beer here we come!

N2DisneyWorld
09-08-2013, 09:19 AM
We really enjoyed the Three Broomsticks at IOA and Louie's Italian Restaurant at US.

I didn't care for Margaritaville. I have eaten at the one at home in Biloxi & in New Orleans many times & the one at City Walk and the food isn't that good to me. The atmosphere is great though.

thejens
09-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Thanks for all your tips. Just had two counterservice meals at Universal. It seemed that many of the "different" restaurants in the parks had very similar food.

IOA: We were not really impressed with Three Broomsticks. Butterbeer was good, but chicken and ribs were pretty tasteless. The chicken seemed as if it were boiled and had no flavor. The potato leeks soup was also flavorless. Universal Studios: We dined in Springfield in the Krusty Burger area. The burgers were dry and the cheese was an icky melted good. There was not much flavor. My son had the basket of bait fried fish platter. It was okay. We also had donuts at the Lard Boy donut area. They were good. Based on these two experiences and observations of other peoples' food through out the days I give WDW a definite win for better park food!

Emeril's restaurant at the Royal Pacific resort was fantastic, however!!

mgmnut
09-09-2013, 09:21 AM

We ate here in August and ejoyed it also. I loved the Royal Pacific, can't wait to try the Portofino or HardRock next.

NJGIRL
09-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Thanks for all your tips. Just had two counterservice meals at Universal. It seemed that many of the "different" restaurants in the parks had very similar food.

IOA: We were not really impressed with Three Broomsticks. Butterbeer was good, but chicken and ribs were pretty tasteless. The chicken seemed as if it were boiled and had no flavor. The potato leeks soup was also flavorless. Universal Studios: We dined in Springfield in the Krusty Burger area. The burgers were dry and the cheese was an icky melted good. There was not much flavor. My son had the basket of bait fried fish platter. It was okay. We also had donuts at the Lard Boy donut area. They were good. Based on these two experiences and observations of other peoples' food through out the days I give WDW a definite win for better park food!

Sorry you didn't like any of your food at Universal. I have never had the experience of disliking every meal I have had there. I personally like the food at Universal as much as Disney's food but I guess everyone is different. I do feel they offer a wider variety to most of Disney's counter service.

thejens
09-09-2013, 10:31 PM
I certainly can't judge the Universal parks food by two lunches. Just not our cup of tea. And we did LOVE Emeril's at the hotel.