PDA

View Full Version : Be Our Guest Lunch Lines

DisneyFan1979
09-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Have the Be Our Guest lunch lines gone down at all recently? I was last there the first week of March and the line at 11:30am was over an hour. We'll be at MK on Friday, Sept. 20 and are wondering whether there's a chance we may find the line more manageable. Overall crowd levels for MK are supposed to be very low.

spoiledraf
09-03-2013, 09:38 AM
What time do they start serving?

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-03-2013, 09:43 AM
We were there last week, just after 11am.

The CM's were telling people that it would be 50 minutes to get in to order for lunch, and we decided to wait anyways. Well, we were in and sitting down eating in less than 40 minutes.

Still a long wait, but not as crazy as we thought.

Niecyboo
09-03-2013, 10:16 AM
We walked over around 10:40 last Friday to check the wait and were told there was hardly anyone there yet, so we decided to give it a try. I've stood in longer lines at Pecos Bills! We went in and had maybe 5 families in front of us.

As we left after eating, the line was out the door all the way to the podium, though I didn't ask how long it actually was to wait. So I recommend going as close to 10:30 as possible. For us this works great because we usually do a light snack for lunch and are ready for lunch pretty early in the day.

#1donaldfan
09-03-2013, 12:02 PM
NO !! We were there several weeks ago, it was crazy !! My DD who is a CM had an invite to make lunch reservations through the disneyexperience.....we made them two days prior, even ordering the food. When we got there our ressies were for 11 AM. The line was across the bridge and back along the walkway into the new fantasyland. It was incredibly hot and they actually were handing out unbrellas and giving out cups of water to those waiting. I would guess those near the front of the line had been there since 9 AM !! HAD TO BE. We walked up to the CM at the kiosk, gave our name, walked past everyone, into the dinning room and told to sit anywhere our food would be right there....it was. What a great experience.....but yeah, the lines are crazy !!

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-09-2013, 04:59 PM
While we have a ressie for dinner, we want to go at lunch too. We are leaving for the world in 9 days. Hope that we can experience BOG twice. Since we have MK scheduled for 3 days, I hope to make it in line by 10:30 one of those days. Thanks for some hope! :thumbsup:

Lindsey310
09-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Hopefully it dies down some for when we are there in October...I doubt it though bc everyone wants to try it. Maybe I will take the advice of another poster on this thread that said to get in line around 10:30/10:40. Let us know how you make out. :eat:

40 days and counting :mpumpkin:

JerseyDad
09-09-2013, 09:35 PM
....2 weeks ago while I was there, the lines were always out to the podium. On Saturday & Sunday ...they were past that ...and, they were giving people bottles of water and umbrellas due to the sun / heat ...the wait was well past 90 minutes.

....I don't stand on attraction lines past 45 minutes ....and I refuse to wait 1.5 hours to eat counter service lunch ....I don't care where it's at. I pity the parents (and their kids) that chose to endure that madness .......

epceddie
09-10-2013, 10:57 PM
God bless anybody who wants to put themselves through something like that for lunch in a theme park on their vacation. I would never do something like that, but that's just me. On our last trip to the MK, we ate at Columbia Harbor House for the first time and it was really good. We had tasty chowder, big tuna sandwiches and fruit. Ordered, picked up the food and sat down next to an upstairs window overlooking Fantasyland in about five minutes. The place was empty and it ended up being a perfect little break.

JerseyDad
09-12-2013, 11:48 AM
God bless anybody who wants to put themselves through something like that for lunch in a theme park on their vacation. I would never do something like that, but that's just me. On our last trip to the MK, we ate at Columbia Harbor House for the first time and it was really good. We had tasty chowder, big tuna sandwiches and fruit. Ordered, picked up the food and sat down next to an upstairs window overlooking Fantasyland in about five minutes. The place was empty and it ended up being a perfect little break.

....agree totally. After seeing the lunch lines at BoG two weeks ago (think it was Fri. 8/30) ...my daughter (she's 17) and I looked at each other ...and simultaneously said, "No Way"! As much as she was intrigued by what "the grey stuff" is ....there was a snowball's chance in he!! that we were standing there in 90 degree heat for over an hour. We too shuffled off to CHH (which I really like) ...and where it took us all of 5 minutes to get food and find a nice window seat and had a great ...uncrowded lunch. It was also some good father & daughter bonding time (wife chose to NOT endure the heat that day)

....and CHH makes a really good tuna sandwich ...and the daughter actually likes their vegetarian chili

....in 3 years ...when BoG is passe` ....I may give it a try.

....after 11 trips to WDW over the past 10 yrs ...I've learned that, particularly for lunch ...it's not about the theming ...it's because I'm hungry ...usually hot & tired ...and want to sit and re-fuel!!

disneynarula
09-13-2013, 08:43 AM
I can't imagine waiting in line for this. Hopefully it just makes the lines for the other Fantasyland CS places shorter.

JerseyDad
09-13-2013, 10:28 AM
I can't imagine waiting in line for this. Hopefully it just makes the lines for the other Fantasyland CS places shorter.

....my sentiments exactly. While YOU are on long line in Fantasyland ....I can be on shorter lines elsewhere in the MK. Almost sounds devious ....:D

awaggett
09-13-2013, 12:16 PM
We were the "crazy" folks that waited in line this past Sunday--starting just off the bridge at 1:45. It was hot, but wait was about 25 minutes (20 or so to get inside). We really enjoyed our meal and loved the theme of the castle.

spoiledraf
09-13-2013, 01:45 PM
We plan on trying it out at opening as a late breakfast early lunch. Hopefully that will mean little or no line. However... the day in mind is December 6th and I have read that will be one of the filming days for the Disney Christmas Parade so the park will likely be packed. My hope is it will only be packed where the parade runs on Main Street with people trying to get on TV! Hopefully no one will be back in Fantasyland or any other land for that matter as it's our last day and we want to get a few more memories in before our 9 pm flight. Might be a while before we return as retirement puts a dent in my Disney budget. Especially since we hope to bring the grand kids along next time.

steamboat willy
09-14-2013, 12:02 PM
We plan on doing the same thing on Oct 8 at BOG for my Birthday. In line at 10:30, have early lunch with my Beautiful Wife in one of the three dining room, then on to Tomorrowland. Gonna be Great Day! I'll let you know about the line, the meal and the plan! JUST CAN'T DECIDE ON WHICH CUPCAKE TO GET??? :eat: :coaster::fworks:

MargaretMessler
09-14-2013, 12:40 PM
This past week we waited around 1pm for about maybe 30 minutes. CMs were handing out sun umbrellas and lemonade to those waiting in line and also menus so we could look them over. We didn't think it was bad at all, and less of a wait than was estimated when we got into line.

waymickey
09-16-2013, 02:22 PM
My experience was that the line outside was fast moving if you get there early. The real problem is that the kiosks that you order your food at are fussy and do not always work well. We were "that" family that held up the line. Our kiosk woukld not finish our order and allow us to pay so the CM had us do it over and over and over before finally pulling off to the side and order at the one register inside. We were not the only family that had problems and the CM's were doing thier best to keep the line moving but with just one register it is very hard. The food is great and is very quick to arrive once you are inside.