PDA

View Full Version : First week of December Nov 30-Dec 7th

ukwes21
09-02-2013, 08:53 PM
We will be arriving at WDW on November 29th and checking out of the 7th. Our first day in the parks will be on the 31st. The 30th we will be hanging out around downtown Disney. What should we expect with crowd levels that week? We were thinking that with the Thanksgiving crowd leaving it shouldn't be too bad. We will be taking our 2 yr old daughter for her first time and the only DVC resort we could get was Saratoga Springs. We ended up renting some points from a relative which made our stay much cheaper per night. I was shocked when we found out that SS was the only resort. We haven't stayed there but we have heard it's nice. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

retiredfigment
09-03-2013, 07:40 AM
We are going the same week. I know DW has offered discounted lodging this week, so I too am worried about the crowds. Crowds used to be low during this week. However, if you are going on the 31st crowds should be non-existent. LOL

Strmchsr
09-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Crowds will be moderate. Nov 29-Dec 1 will be very crowded with Thanksgiving crowds. Dec 2 will see a noticable drop in crowds. That week is not low like it used to be mostly because all of the guide books posted that week as the lowest week of the year so now everyone tries to go that week. Also, be aware the Christmas morning parade is taping at the MK on Dec 6-7 which will make things more crowded with the set ups and locals coming in for the taping. It's not bad at all, just don't expect it to be empty. It seems like mid-month is the least crowded time now.

spoiledraf
09-03-2013, 09:19 AM
We'll be there the same week and nearly every dinner reservation is gone and when we decided to add a day it was a no go for nearly every resort. Finally decided on one night at the YC as we could not get a Thursday / Friday added to our GF reservation. I don't know if everything being booked equals big crowds but it does not bode well to me! We are not big riders of the popular thrill rides so the lines won't bother us too much. A fast pass makes them disappear. This is our first Christmas season trip so we are really there for the atmosphere. But here's hopin' the atmosphere isn't too crowded! Good Luck to all of us! :party:

Oh and we were going to go back to MK our last day, the 6th to get a last taste of the Magic. May have to rethink that idea. Too old to fight the crowds for that day.

Spang88
09-03-2013, 10:19 AM
We were there for the Chrismas Parade taping last year (and will be there this year too, going on same vacation schedule). The MK was very busy around Main Street, but was not crowded at all in the rest of the park. Once you move past everyone near the parade route it was not a problem.

Overall, we saw some drop on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and beginning Monday it was great in terms of crowd levels.