PDA

View Full Version : Wild Africa Trek Tour

DakotaDisney
09-02-2013, 06:45 PM
I have been looking at the availability of the "Wild Africa Trek" tours at AK the first 2 weeks of November and it says none available for the last week of October through most of November.
I suppose it is a busy time and there aren't any available, but it seems a little odd.
Does anyone know if this tour only becomes available so many days early or if it is closed that week? I don't find any details on the Disney site. I wouldn't think that an expensive tour like that would completely sell out for a whole month, but maybe it would.

Pirate Granny
09-02-2013, 10:53 PM
I didn't know you could book on line. Call to get a reservation, I find it hard to believe all spots are taken, unless they are on a break for a week or two. I hopr to take DGS and DGD in 2015 when they are both 8 and old enough to go. Plan to send their Auntie with them...expensive, yep, but a chance of a lifetime for them. I really enjoyed my tour.

MargaretMessler
09-03-2013, 03:31 AM
Any time we have done any special tours I was directed to book online, could not do online. I assume this is because there is such limited space on most that they don't want the system to overbook.

NJGIRL
09-03-2013, 12:07 PM
As far as I know they do the tour everyday...multiple times a day in fact.

There are a lot of rules to this tour so calling is probably the best way to reserve.

If you can afford it....do it. It was by far the coolest thing we have ever done at Disney.

Lindsey310
09-03-2013, 05:37 PM
You have to call 407-WDW-tour to book. I just booked the keys to the kingdom tour today and had to call.....there was no availability online:mickey:

46 days!!!!!!! :joy:

DakotaDisney
09-03-2013, 10:01 PM
On the page for the Wild Africa Trek on Disney's website you have to call to make a reservation.
But there is also a calendar on the right side that lists the times available for the tour each day.
It says there are no times available all year after October 26.
Currently there is a summer special that runs through October 26. Maybe it has something to do with that?

DakotaDisney
09-03-2013, 10:13 PM
I just called Disney Reservations.
There are spots available. The website has not been updated yet.
She said the restaurant info has been updated but the tour availability feature has not been.