PDA

View Full Version : Online Check In

Tippy987
09-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Hi - we are going this week. In your option is there any advantage to online check in or is it better to check in at the front desk?

BigB
09-02-2013, 12:42 PM
We do online check-in and find the process much quicker. There tends to be less people in line and (as we did last year because of the 20 question family) we went to the standard line and received our stuff. So you'll have two lines to choose from. Our rooms have been ready and waiting for us upon check-in. I have heard that you may have a better chance of getting your room request(s).

Itchy
09-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Hi - we are going this week. In your option is there any advantage to online check in or is it better to check in at the front desk?

:welcome: To Intercot..:mickey:

We have used on line check in since it has been available. We have found it to be a little quicker that the regular lines at check in.

If you do not have a lot of questions all they need it your photo I.D. and they pull your packet and you are on your way.

Our last trip we requested a room close to the food court even though we did not pay for a preferred room we got one really close. Must have been our lucky day.

I would try it to see what you think.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-02-2013, 01:14 PM
I've never been a huge fan of online checkin (we always seem to get a couple of REALLY slow families in front of us), but we tried it again on this trip.

No waiting in line at all. The CM (with an iPad) met us in the lobby and checked us all in, without having to visit the counter at all. Took less than 3 minutes ... it was crazy awesome.

FenwayGirl
09-02-2013, 01:16 PM
I have done the on-line check in for my last three trips and I love it. It speeds up the check in process and I have found that no matter how early I arrive, my room is ready. Might be a coincidence...but the rooms were ready at 9am!:thumbsup:

brownie
09-02-2013, 01:47 PM
:welcome:

Tippy987, welcome to INTERCOT!

Online check-in can speed things up some. You're still going to the desk to check-in; it'll be a separate line.

spoiledraf
09-02-2013, 03:22 PM
If On Line Check In gives me a chance to get into my room earlier then that's going to be my choice. We have a 6:00 am flight out of Pittsburgh with an hour drive to get there so do the math. Yep...up by 2, 2;30 am to get ready and hit the road. Going to the GF so we'll hit MK for a little taste of Magic and lunch at Tonys then hopefully back to our room to take a nap if the room is ready and off to Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner and the Studios for the Osborn Lights. I don't do well without sleep, not even in Disney, so I hope we can get in our room for some down time.

91 days!

MargaretMessler
09-02-2013, 04:46 PM
The advantage is probably subjective, but if you don't have a lot of requests or questions, it definitely speeds things up. Also even with an arrival time of before 10 am our room was ready. We landed at MCO at 9, we were in a park by 11.

MrPeetrie
09-03-2013, 06:56 AM
We've used it the last two times with great success. We, too leave Pittsburgh at 6 am and both times our rooms were ready upon arrival.

Also, on last trip, online checkin line was longer than regular line, but it moved more quickly. Wife and kids barely had time to look around and explore when I had all our information. Freshened up and on our way to Rainforest Cafe, Animal Kingdom. Very efficient.

spoiledraf
09-03-2013, 09:24 AM
I can handle the wait in line if it gives me a chance to get in a room right away. But we have reservations at Tony's at 11 so we won't need in until after noon anyway.

minnie04
09-03-2013, 09:54 AM

I have to say, I will never check in by standing in line again.. I love the online check in. It was hassle free and only took less than 5 mins.. Whenever we stay on property that will be the only way I will check in.. Where was this years ago? When we traveled with our baseball team..lol ya know what it is to have thirteen 10 year olds running around the lobby waiting for us to check in.. :silly::bump::crazy:

brownie
09-03-2013, 11:20 AM

I have to say, I will never check in by standing in line again.. I love the online check in. It was hassle free and only took less than 5 mins.. Whenever we stay on property that will be the only way I will check in.. Where was this years ago? When we traveled with our baseball team..lol ya know what it is to have thirteen 10 year olds running around the lobby waiting for us to check in.. :silly::bump::crazy:

You can still end up standing in line with online check-in. I've been in an online check-in line that's moved slower than the regular check-in line.

minnie04
09-03-2013, 11:30 AM
This past July 4th I went and just walked in said my last name, was given a packet and walked away. Maybe it was the resort AOA, but it was super fast. :mickey:

Kenny1113
09-03-2013, 12:17 PM
I've never been a huge fan of online checkin (we always seem to get a couple of REALLY slow families in front of us), but we tried it again on this trip.

No waiting in line at all. The CM (with an iPad) met us in the lobby and checked us all in, without having to visit the counter at all. Took less than 3 minutes ... it was crazy awesome.

Ok I guess we will give it another shot then.

You can still end up standing in line with online check-in. I've been in an online check-in line that's moved slower than the regular check-in line.

This has been my expirience 100% of the time, using online Check-in.

DonLefNY
09-04-2013, 11:21 AM
I've used online. Most of the time it works as planned. Twice there were hiccups.

First at the BCV they could not find our package, manually checked us in, then found the package.

Second at OKW, the CM could not find our package and took a long time to find it. Then the cards did not have charging on them, again took a long time for new cards. During that time 4 families checked in using the regular line. Frustrating.