PDA

View Full Version : My Disney Experience help?

We LOVE Disney
09-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi

I have the My Disney Experience app on my phone (iPhone 4s) and I think I am signed into it when I open it but it doesn't show my name or anything indicating that I am signed in (even when I actually DO sign in with my username and password).

So I was wondering, since there is a LOT to learn with this app, is there a class (ha ha!) or at least an instruction site I can go to to learn how to best use this feature and get the most out of it?

Thanks!
Tracy

VWL Mom
09-02-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't think there is a site, more or less trial and error.

When you go to the menu and click on "my plans" does it show "Tracy's plans with (name)" across the top?

We LOVE Disney
09-02-2013, 11:06 AM
I don't think there is a site, more or less trial and error.

When you go to the menu and click on "my plans" does it show "Tracy's plans with (name)" across the top?

Yes it does :mickey:. So I think I am signed in then :thumbsup:

Now, where do I go to enter my stay? I already have it booked and have a confirmation number (thanks to Karen at Magical Journey's!!) so when I enter that, will I be able to play around more? I assume I need to enter this info before I can play around, right?

Sorry, this is so new to me (as I am sure others as well) that I just feel so "out of it"!

VWL Mom
09-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Under "plan and manage" go to "my reservations". Click "rooms and packages", if your res comes up, you're set. If not click "don't see reservation" and follow the instructions. You need the confirmation number and your last name. That should link it. You can do the same with your dining reservations.

Itchy
09-02-2013, 01:02 PM
You can also enter all of your information on the Disney web site under my Disney Experience using your laptop or PC. and it will show up on your phone.

I did this and found it easier than trying to type on my I Phone, but I am old and have trouble turning the phone on.:blush:

We LOVE Disney
09-02-2013, 01:59 PM
You can also enter all of your information on the Disney web site under my Disney Experience using your laptop or PC. and it will show up on your phone.

I did this and found it easier than trying to type on my I Phone, but I am old and have trouble turning the phone on.:blush:

OK I see where to do this on my computer but I'm not sure how :confused:

I'm at the screen where it says "Name on Reservation" and then "Please verify the Guest selected is staying in the room. Update only Guests whose names do not appear correctly." I see all 5 of our names and then there is a drop down menu next to each of our names. I believe I just want to verify they are in the reservation and not actually wanting to "update" them. I don't quite understand why I need to choose a name since they are already there but, I play along anyway. On the drop down menu it tells me to select one of 2 things. One is my own name and the other is "add to family & friends". So, naturally, I click on my own name. I go to the next name which is my husband but, again, it's only my name or add to family & friends. Since I want it in his own name, I click on the "add to family & friends" and this is what I see:

"By adding a new Guest, you'll be able to match him or her to your reservation. All added Guests will appear in your Family & Friends list.

If a Guest is already in your Family & Friends list, please select then from the dropdown menu - you do not need to add them again."

I'm assuming that if my family is already listed (when I put in the res number at the beginning), I shouldn't have to add them again. but, if I don't, it won't let me continue.

Am I that much of a dolt that I can not see something so simple in front of me? Or is it really this difficult :confused:

Itchy
09-02-2013, 02:24 PM
I think where you add family and friends you will need to do it at least once if you have never done this before.

I had to add my daughter for our upcoming trip on my reservation and she added me and her boyfriend to her reservation.

You should be ok once you do that. You can also make your dining reservations here or if you made them by phone you can enter the dining reservation numbers and they will be linked to you trip. They can be seen from the I Phone as well.

I would just play with the site as it will not let you mess up to much, you can always fix entries.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

We LOVE Disney
09-02-2013, 02:27 PM
I think where you add family and friends you will need to do it at least once if you have never done this before.

I had to add my daughter for our upcoming trip on my reservation and she added me and her boyfriend to her reservation.

You should be ok once you do that. You can also make your dining reservations here or if you made them by phone you can enter the dining reservation numbers and they will be linked to you trip. They can be seen from the I Phone as well.

I would just play with the site as it will not let you mess up to much, you can always fix entries.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

Ok thanks. I don't mind playing around with it as long as I don't accidentally delete my reservation!

Itchy
09-02-2013, 02:34 PM
I sent you a PM if you need further help from me.

We LOVE Disney
09-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Another question :blush:

We will be travelling with my in laws. How do I add them to MDE? WIll I need their reservation confirmation number?

Itchy
09-02-2013, 03:29 PM
I believe that they will need to create and account under MDE and if you have their conf. number you can link them to yours. I can see both mine and my daughters when I log in.

spoiledraf
09-02-2013, 03:53 PM
I called and talked to somebody to get mine straightened out. There were multiple accounts under my email address (mine, my wife, my daughter and even my five year old grandson has one for games???) and dining reservations were ending up in different places. That may be the problem.
The CM got it all on one account and a few days later we added a couple ADRs and they are nowhere to be found. But I have the Res # so it's not really a problem but it sure would be nice if they all showed in one place. An unexpected glitch in the system I suppose. Good Luck!