PDA

View Full Version : Pop review 8\21 - 8\28

terri110874
09-02-2013, 10:03 AM
We normal stay at POR, however AAA made huge errors in booking this year. Originally book POR but when end of summer discount came out it was not available. So AAA was able to get a good rate for CBR, I agreed to this. Long story short, she booked it for POP and quoted me for POP rates not CBR. She would not honor what she said so I got to a point I said whatever .
We did request early check in, 80s or 90s building closest to buses. I was able to get early check in (1030 ish am) and the room was fairly close to buses (short cut through parking lot). First room we got was 8123, it was clean and had a few towels animals. We dropped our carry on bags and went to the 90s pool and explore the resort. Then headed off to the parks. When we got back to room to relax about 9 pm we heard running water. The tub was not shut off even though it was turned off. I called the front desk and was told that someone could be to the room in an hour to fix it. I asked if we could be moved since I had been up since 3 am that day. She said she would have to check and call me back. While I was waiting for her to call me back, (I had a grocery delivery sent to us that needed to be picked up) I arranged for them to deliver it to my room since it was a bit far to carry the water, cooler, and food to the room. 15 min later she called me back and said she was moving us to 8114 (few doors down, same area). She did request bell service to come and help. So I got our things ready to move to next room. The gentleman who was delivering to the food items came by and stated he would call down and let them know he would help us move to the new room. I could not thank him enough, we were tired and just wanted to go to bed.

New room was better. The ac unit makes alot of noisy sounds like running water and clunking.

It was a fun theme resort. Room size was fine for the 2 of us. Most nights and mornings we could hear crying babies ( left of the room there was a small baby under 1 and to the right a little girl about 3) and toilets flushing. The walls are very thin. Most nights and early mornings we had troubles sleeping with all the crying.
Mousekeeping did an ok job but no towel animals. I did leave a few note asking for some with a bigger tip but never got any.

Buses were ok. Longest wait was 40 mins one day, but most were 20 min waits.

Overall it was ok. Theme was fun. A few nice cast members. Due to noise we might not come back.

PS
**No mini fridge**

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Wow! What a crazy mixed-up way to start your trip!

We've almost stayed a POP a couple of times, but I've heard so much about noise from other rooms that it keeps us away.

brownie
09-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Glad it got better for you. We've never had a problem with noise at Pop Century; maybe we've been lucky in that regard.

VacationDisney
09-02-2013, 03:09 PM
We have stayed at POP many times. No problem with noise. Guess we were lucky as well:mickey:

pcoleman
09-02-2013, 09:35 PM
We never has a noise problem. I have never heard toilets flushing, crying, talking or TV. Have stayed in both 50's and 60's. Not sure it is luck. Some people are just louder. Wondering if certain buildings are better or worst then another?
Weren't 80's and 90's built later?

terri110874
09-03-2013, 10:16 AM
90s building room 8114

JerseyDad
09-03-2013, 02:20 PM
We never has a noise problem. I have never heard toilets flushing, crying, talking or TV. Have stayed in both 50's and 60's. Not sure it is luck. Some people are just louder. Wondering if certain buildings are better or worst then another?
Weren't 80's and 90's built later?

....all of POP was built simultaneously ...so all construction is identical (as is the construction of 2 of the 3 Little Mermaid Buildings at AoA ...which were also built at the same time)

....we just got back from POP last nite (technically this morning ...12:02am) ...we were there 8/24 thru 9/2 ...in Building #5 (Room 5271)

...it was pretty quiet for the first 7 day ...and then we got a room next to us occupied by a family with 2 toddlers. Nuff' said .......

Lindsey310
09-03-2013, 05:31 PM
I feel your pain. We stayed there in August 2012 and I wouldn't go back. We had a pool view room which was the worst possible choice. SO LOUD every night until all hours of the night...do you kids sleep??!! We had to request A fan to drown out the noise. We were with my in laws who were on a budget so that's why we chose pop. Needless to say, we won't be staying there again. :mickey:

46 days!!!!!!! :joy:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Sorry about the issues. We are not fans of Pop but loved All Star Movies. Thanks for the report

SueQ
09-03-2013, 08:31 PM
My husband and I are staying at POP end of March. I've stayed there before.

Do their rooms usually have fridges??

brownie
09-04-2013, 07:49 AM
My husband and I are staying at POP end of March. I've stayed there before.

Do their rooms usually have fridges??

Usually yes, but Disney World is in the midst of replacing them all due to problems with the units (see Refrigerator Issues at Resorts (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=200198)). All this may be taken care of by your March trip.

terri110874
09-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Just got in the mail (Tuesday 9\3) the letter to inform me that the fridge were not available. Glad I heard it hear first before I left

Did donate the cooler and bottled water to a family that was was close to our room. I hate to spend all that money on grocery service and waste it.

N2DisneyWorld
09-08-2013, 09:33 AM
We enjoyed Pop when we stayed there for our first time back in February. We were in the 70's building. We could hear toilets flushing & people who were talking loud in other rooms but it didn't bother us. We always get back to the room so late, it's not bad then.

I'm also happy you were moved to a room that was a little better.

VacationDisney
09-08-2013, 03:13 PM
When we stay at ANY Value Resort we ALWAYS ask NOT to be facing the pools. In the past people returning late at night are sometimes not very considerate of people who just might already be in bed.

Since we have made this request we have never had an issue with late night park returnees...:mickey: