PDA

View Full Version : Friends Stay at Contemporary/POR

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-01-2013, 01:17 PM
I had a coworker that did a split stay at the Contemporary and POR a couple of weeks ago and wanted to share their experience. First of all, they've never stayed at a monorail resort or a deluxe before and she was super excited as they were to have a Theme Park View in the tower. She made a special request to have a refrigerator in her room as she is diabetic and was assured that all the rooms have refrigerators. When they got to the resort she put down $1000 on her room card so she wouldn't have to carry cash.

When they got to their room at the Contemporary and opened the door she said the smell almost knocked them down. She said it smelled like someone or something died. They started thinking they were in the wrong room but the keys worked and the numbers matched. She said the room was not very clean that the window overlooking the park was filthy with what looked like smear marks from kids lips all over it and fingerprints. When she opened the refrigerator she realized why the room smelled, someone had left their food in the refrigerator and the refrigerator broke so the food was rotten. Obviousely Mousekeeping did not even check the refrigerator. She went down to complain and was told they could keep her insulin while they waited for a replacement and cleaned their room. She told them that she needed the insulin with her since she was a diabetic and they ended up giving them a $200 food comp which she initially declined but decided to take. She said she didn't want anything free only wanted what she had paid for and they paid a lot for that room.

They were selected to try out the new wristbands and when they got to the park it didn't work because there was an issue with the finger scan. They told them to use their room cards which didn't work either. Turns out since she pricks her finger the finger scan wouldn't read it because her finger looked different. After getting that straightened out they decided to go to Rose N Crown for some dinner. When they got ready to pay she handed them the room card to pay for the dinner. Lo and behold the $1000 she put down did not show up on the card and she did not have money with her because that was the purpose in putting it on the card so she didn't have to carry cash. Luckily her husband checked his wallet and he had his credit card with them. They apologized profusely when they returned to the hotel and the $1000 was credited to her card. When they got ready to transfer to POR, the Contemporary lost their luggage and it took them hours to find it. At this point she said she went off, they actually offered to give them a free 5 night vacation staying at the Contemporary next year. She actually turned it down:fit: I can't believe she turned them down:(

As it turns out, they were upgraded to river view royal rooms at POR, given unlimited fastpass and their base tickets were upgraded to hoppers. Their stay at POR was lovely, they loved the resort and there were no more issues. She said they did some resort hopping and really loved the Yacht Club. She said the steak she ate at Yachtsman Steak has was the best she ever had.

Since she doesn't post I just wanted to share.

VacationDisney
09-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Sounds like the vacation got off to a rocky start but finished up just fine:thumbsup:

Sorry your friends had a bad experience at the Contemporary.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-01-2013, 03:22 PM
That pretty much sums it up. Forgot to add they brought me a bag of Kona coffee and it is soo good:coffee:

MargaretMessler
09-01-2013, 04:03 PM
That was a train wreck of bad experiences, but I'm glad it ended on a positive. I definitely would've taken them up on the freebie, but maybe she was thinking 'heck no am I ever coming back to this place'...?

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-01-2013, 04:07 PM
That was a train wreck of bad experiences, but I'm glad it ended on a positive. I definitely would've taken them up on the freebie, but maybe she was thinking 'heck no am I ever coming back to this place'...?

She said she wanted to make a point that she wasn't trying to get something free that she should get what she paid for and that is no cheap room so she should have gotten a clean room at least:( I wouldn't have cared what anyone thought I would have snatched up that free room offer:shake:

VWL Mom
09-01-2013, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't have cared what anyone thought I would have snatched up that free room offer:shake:

With that many problems I would have been right there with you. I'm glad her trip ended on a better note.

#1donaldfan
09-03-2013, 11:57 AM
POR has never failed me !! The Contemporary seems so "hotleish", even though it's on the monorail line, I don't care for it at all. Glad she had a better time after the terrible start. The only 5 nights free I'd turn down is 5 nights in jail !! ahahah....I would have snatched those up. :thedolls:

Cinderelley
09-03-2013, 12:19 PM
I would not have wanted to return to the Contemporary. I would have told them 5 nights somewhere else.

As I read through the story though, I knew they would have a better experience at POR.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-03-2013, 05:57 PM
I would not have wanted to return to the Contemporary. I would have told them 5 nights somewhere else.

As I read through the story though, I knew they would have a better experience at POR.

I was thinking they probably would have let her have POR instead u would have asked. She loved POR and its on my bucket list now