PDA

View Full Version : Non - Park Days

mrte62
08-31-2013, 10:54 PM
My DD is heading to WDW this week and is planning one "down day". I have given her some suggestions, but I am sure thinks are being overlooked. Some suggestions would be appreciated!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-01-2013, 12:48 PM
We love to resort hop and check out the monorail resorts with their stunning lobbies, unique shops and eating in one of their restaurants. Also maybe check out the Boardwalk or go to Downtown Disney for some shopping.

If none of that appeals to her there's always the pool and a lot of the resorts offer daytime activities as well.

sportsguy2315
09-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Depending on her budget, you can do a variety of things from horseback riding at FW to renting a jetski on Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake to fishing at different resorts.

IloveJack
09-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Fantasia Gardens is an excellent putt-putt course! We really enjoyed it, and it's incredibly well themed. Plus, if you're staying on-site, you get a BOGO coupon in your package papers.

IloveJack
09-01-2013, 03:52 PM
We have two partially down days on our upcoming trip. We're using our arrival day to take a nap (will be traveling overnight) and go to MVMCP. Then we're using another to sleep in and either swim (depending on the temp) or resort hop before heading to Epcot in the early afternoon.

steamboat willy
09-02-2013, 10:58 AM
We are planning one of our non-Park days also. We plan to go ride the monorail departing the Poly and disembark at the Contemporary for a visit of the Grand Canyon Concourse, Pool and Boat Docks. Then we set sail aboard one of the WDW Watercraft to Fort Wilderness and go visit the horse barn. Then we re-board one of the launches to The Wilderness Lodge. One more sail back to the MK docks to re-board the monorail. If time and ENERGY allows we're going to board the EPCOT Monorail for the ride out and around Spaceship Earth and back. Lunch will be at one of the above.
Now back to our Resort for a pool break, dinner and a Movie before resting up for another Great Day in a PARK. :cool:

ANG
09-02-2013, 02:56 PM
We also plan off days.

We have a tradition to spend some time exploring the next resort we want to try.

Downtown Disney.

SLeeping!!!

mrte62
09-03-2013, 06:20 AM
Thanks so much for all of your suggestions. Great minds think alike.

They are leaning towards starting the day at Blizzard Beach, followed by some WinterSummerland mini golf. A water mouse trip then a nap. Raglan Road for dinner, then off to Contemporary for the Electric Water Pageant.

Very ambitious, but she is the daughter of a Type A, theme park commando. :mickey:

badkitty
09-03-2013, 07:48 AM
We are planning one of our non-Park days also. We plan to go ride the monorail departing the Poly and disembark at the Contemporary for a visit of the Grand Canyon Concourse, Pool and Boat Docks. Then we set sail aboard one of the WDW Watercraft to Fort Wilderness and go visit the horse barn. Then we re-board one of the launches to The Wilderness Lodge. One more sail back to the MK docks to re-board the monorail. If time and ENERGY allows we're going to board the EPCOT Monorail for the ride out and around Spaceship Earth and back. Lunch will be at one of the above.
Now back to our Resort for a pool break, dinner and a Movie before resting up for another Great Day in a PARK. :cool:

Exactly what I planned with my sister for our down day. I loved the stroll around FW and we were able to see Cinderella's ponies and the beautiful horses that pull the trolleys fun!

Lakin
09-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Sounds like a DTD day, to me. I'm always up for shopping!

Arielfan98
09-03-2013, 11:36 AM
DTD, WinterSummerland & Fantasia mini-golfing, resort hopping, pool time, shopping in your resort.