PDA

View Full Version : 2 yr old items to pack

ISLE39
08-31-2013, 03:54 PM
Other than the basics clothes diapers medicine. What items dont i want to forget for my two year old for the plane for the parks the waterparks or the hotel room.

NJGIRL
08-31-2013, 04:08 PM
My philosophy was to pack as little as possible and travel light. I would bring whatever your two year old needs in an ordinary day. The first year we traveled with my son (11 months) we brought everything but the kitchen sink. 99% of the stuff never came out of the luggage. After that we packed the bare essentials. Having to lug more stuff thatn you really need creates stress and slows you down.

Kairi_7378
08-31-2013, 07:41 PM
When my son was little I would take small snacks (cereal, Goldfish, etc) and disposable containers whenever we travelled. My son was more of a "grazer" at that age so this way we could keep him satisfied between meals. We also take him a small Thermos bottle with a straw. Other than those things, we didn't bring a lot of extra things for him. Having a lot of stuff in the diaper bag can really slow you down at security check ins.

IloveJack
08-31-2013, 08:00 PM
Ziploc bags. Put an entire extra outfit in it; squish out the extra air; take it to the park. If/when little one gets dirty or wet, you have the outfit to change them into, and the bag to put the soiled or wet clothes in.
Something to keep them busy while waiting in line. You can get those rings that interlock (often sold in the baby area of retail stores), and attach it to the stroller, to keep from losing it.
Extra pacifiers (if still used). You're guaranteed to lose one, or more, in the parks.
Sippy cups/straws. We buy the disposable sippies, so if they get lost, we don't have to worry about it.

One other piece of advice, if you choose to use it. We put diapers/wipes in a gallon Ziploc bag and put them in the bottom of the stroller for the day. That way, we can take the valuables (in the backpack) on the rides with us, and not have to carry the bulk or weight of the diapers/wipes all day.

clarkee
09-01-2013, 08:57 AM
MY two year old was too big for a pack and play and too small for a bed (also she thrashes right off the bed when she sleeps)

So we always packed a small inflatable pool boat and a small pump. We blew it up and covered it with sheets and it is a soft comfy bed on the floor beside our bed. She loved it.

ISLE39
09-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Im bringing the toddler blow up bed i got at toys r us by the shrunks or something. He used it on our vac last month n loved it

cuteduck223
09-02-2013, 10:27 AM
we always took infant tylenol and ear drops. Our little one seemed to always be prone to getting sick mid-week, just from the over stimulation. It's like $15 to buy childrens tylenol at the resort. :secret:

Figment104
09-04-2013, 04:11 PM
If they'll be riding in a stroller a clip on stroller fan. You can buy one down there, but I think they are about $15-$25. I forgot ours and was wishing we had it the whole trip. We also brought a few of his favorite toys to play with in the room, and a couple of books. Snacks like goldfish, raisins, etc were great to have on hand as well. The other thing that drove me nuts while we were there was the bag we had brought with us. It was one of those drawstring backpack bags that's just one big cavity. All week long things kept getting lost in there, and I hated not being able to separate things out, so a bag with dividers/pockets was great.

Have a great trip!