PDA

View Full Version : City bus

Tiggerlovr9000
08-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Has anyone ever used the city bus in Anaheim. Can you get to the beach on a city bus? Did you feel safe?

BrerGnat
08-31-2013, 03:13 PM
Are you talking about the ART buses or OCTA transit buses. OCTA buses do go all the way out to Huntington Beach but it would take a very long time and you'd have to do transfers. I would personally not do that.

Rent a car for the day if you want to hit the beach.

tinkwest
08-31-2013, 03:25 PM
Never used the city buses in the area. Of course it is possible to get to a beach this way, but perhaps not very efficient. Using Huntington Beach as an example you will probably have to change buses two or three times and invest several hours in to the process, just one way.

You might be better off looking in to a beach tour.

If anyone else has any more definite or accurate information, please share.

Tiggerlovr9000
08-31-2013, 03:43 PM
We have been to the beach and would like to see again. Just thought if we took the bus we could see stuff that's not so touristy. Maybe get off someplace that looks interesting. But I want to be safe.

BrerGnat
08-31-2013, 04:07 PM
There really isn't anything worth seeing between Disneyland and the beach, at least along the OCTA bus routes. And, they are not the safest areas to just get off and explore. I truly would not recommend this option. At all.

Tiggerlovr9000
08-31-2013, 04:43 PM
There really isn't anything worth seeing between Disneyland and the beach, at least along the OCTA bus routes. And, they are not the safest areas to just get off and explore. I truly would not recommend this option. At all.

Thank you thats what I needed to know..

frozman
12-22-2013, 05:44 PM
If you were to do the city bus route (as opposed to renting a car) what I would do is Metrolink. OCTA Route 43 (the one that stops at the Harbor Blvd entrance to DL) also goes to the Fullerton Metrolink station. From there you can catch a train to LA Union Station and I would think either a train or bus from there would get you to the beach. I've taken the OCTA busses several times and have never felt unsafe, though I'm a 300 pound male so I don't consider as much to be a threat as others.