PDA

View Full Version : Disney Quest coupons in Package documents?

Scorpiosammy
08-30-2013, 06:37 PM
We have 4 adults in our vacation package, but the documents we received only had 2 Disney Quest vouchers. Has anyone else ran into this??

It should stand to reason if we booked the package with 4 adults we should have 4 Disney Quest vouchers :mad: Why would they send only 2 for 4 guests? Are we expected to fight over them? :laughing: We had a tight budget for this trip and thought we'd each have a pass to go in one night and have no extra money to buy the remaining 2 passes :(

Any help is appreciated! :)

MargaretMessler
08-30-2013, 07:04 PM
I would call and check on that. It stands to reason that it should be one per person.

Personally, I wouldn't be broken up because DQ is not my cup of tea, but if you're due something, you're due something.

clarkee
08-30-2013, 07:17 PM
I am very interested in this post. We just received our package in the mail today and I was wondering the same thing.

We are five adults and two kids and got two disney quest vouchers. Not sure why and I don't remember getting vouchers at all in the previous five years that we have gone. They were always just part of our park hopper and more package on our cards???

Really hoping that someone has an answer before I have to waste the time and money on a long distance call to Disney to ask:confused::confused:

VWL Mom
08-30-2013, 07:52 PM
We are five adults and two kids and got two disney quest vouchers. Not sure why and I don't remember getting vouchers at all in the previous five years that we have gone. They were always just part of our park hopper and more package on our cards???

If you have the Water Park Fun and more option on your tickets then Disney Quest is included. It is not included with the Park Hopper.

As far as the comp voucher, this is from the WDW site

DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park Admission Ticket
Voucher valid for two admission tickets per room. Guests under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a Guest 14 years of age or older.

Scorpiosammy
08-30-2013, 08:37 PM
We have 2 vouchers but each one on the back states admission for 1. Maybe Im missing something, but I think that if they say they "include Disney Quest vouchers with Vacation Packages", then they should include one for every guest on that reservation. Very disappointing and misleading :(

Polynesian Dweller
08-30-2013, 09:40 PM
We have 2 vouchers but each one on the back states admission for 1. Maybe Im missing something, but I think that if they say they "include Disney Quest vouchers with Vacation Packages", then they should include one for every guest on that reservation. Very disappointing and misleading :(

Not misleading at all. They are very clear about the conditions per room, as the quote from a pp above shows. They are not give aways.Think of the vouchers as marketing enticing people to go to Disney Quest and spend more money. They give two because most rooms need more than that and those people will go and they'll buy the extra admissions for those who don't have vouchers. Disney gets you to spend money you might otherwise not have spent.

Scorpiosammy
08-30-2013, 10:31 PM
If you have the Water Park Fun and more option on your tickets then Disney Quest is included. It is not included with the Park Hopper.

As far as the comp voucher, this is from the WDW site

It doesnt exactly work out the way they (Disney) wants it to when you dont have the money to buy the extra passes when you do not get enough for all the registered guests on your reservation.

This combined with the new cancellation plan in 2014 on packages is just another nail so to speak on us buying packages in the future. We will probably go back to buying the room and tix separately again.

clarkee
08-31-2013, 08:42 AM
So.... we bought the waterpark and more option so the disney quest is already included on our media (tickets or bands) for everyone in our party.

For other people who just bought tickets but no waterpark and more, Disney has included two passes so you could try it to see if you like it as a marketing ploy.

Therefore we received the two vouchers like everyone else even though we have disney quest included for everyone because of the kind of tickets we bought. Now I get it.

I agree, Disney is quite clear that you need to buy water park and more to get the disney quest included. I did that and just couldn't understand why I also had two vouchers.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Mfarquar
08-31-2013, 09:50 AM
Not misleading at all. They are very clear about the conditions per room, as the quote from a pp above shows. They are not give aways.Think of the vouchers as marketing enticing people to go to Disney Quest and spend more money. They give two because most rooms need more than that and those people will go and they'll buy the extra admissions for those who don't have vouchers. Disney gets you to spend money you might otherwise not have spent.

Agree. They've done the same thing with various mini golf, water sprite boat and Planet Hollywood vouchers over the years.

Mfarquar
08-31-2013, 09:52 AM
This combined with the new cancellation plan in 2014 on packages is just another nail so to speak on us buying packages in the future. We will probably go back to buying the room and tix separately again.

You will probably be better off - usually you will do much better purchasing the components separately. There are exceptions, of course. I learned this quickly when I was booking for my family when I got right out of college back in the early 2000s. I saved over $1000 by not booking the package!

2MuchWDFun
08-31-2013, 09:53 AM
So.... we bought the waterpark and more option so the disney quest is already included on our media (tickets or bands) for everyone in our party.

For other people who just bought tickets but no waterpark and more, Disney has included two passes so you could try it to see if you like it as a marketing ploy.

Therefore we received the two vouchers like everyone else even though we have disney quest included for everyone because of the kind of tickets we bought. Now I get it.

I agree, Disney is quite clear that you need to buy water park and more to get the disney quest included. I did that and just couldn't understand why I also had two vouchers.

Thanks for clearing it up.

I love your synopsis--I think Disney just makes it more confusing doing it this way.

We purchased the Water Parks and More/Park Hopper feature for our upcoming trip--we have 3 adults. I was wondering about the vouchers we received, too. They should explain it better!

Goofy Texan
09-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Are the vouchers transferable at all? I'm not going until November so haven't received mine yet. If they are just coupons, maybe those that have them and don't need them can send them to those that do. Not looking to sell anything, just help someone else out.

Just a thought.:mickey: