PDA

View Full Version : Best Counter Service/Snack locations in Epcot

MamaDTS
08-30-2013, 04:48 PM
We're going to Epcot in February. We are starting our Epcot day with breakfast at O'Hana then traveling over to the park. Planning on just doing counter service and snacks for lunch/dinner. My husband is a very picky eater (he doesn't even like ketchup), so where would be some good places to hit that would serve more "basic food"? (Thinking this may be the day that we split up for meals, :secret:!)

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Fish n Chips UK-its fried fish and french fries
Nachos-Mexico
American Pavilion-basic burgers, sandwiches etc...

buzznwoodysmom
08-30-2013, 05:31 PM
The caramel shop in Germany!

Anything from the bakery in France!

Nachos in Mexico!

Churros in Mexico!

Actually pretty much any QS location in world showcase.

Edit to say I missed the picky husband comment. The good thing is that there are so many places in Epcot you can easily find basic food for the hubby, and the rest of you can get whatever appeals to you at the moment! We are known to snack around WS for lunch. We get either a snack or one quick service meal in each country to share between the 4 of us. Each trip we try to do a few more countries. After several trips of doing this we have tried almost all the epcot locations!

Arielfan98
08-30-2013, 11:05 PM
1.The American Pavilion serves your average sandwich, hamburger, fries, etc.

2. UK-Fish and Chips

3. Mexico-Nachos/Tacos

4. Norway-Baked goods

5. Japan-Terriyaki chicken served with rice

6. China-Egg rolls, beef, rice

7. The Land-they have many things but they have caesar salad, BBQ chicken served with rice, Mongolian beef served with lo-mein, stir fry.

I recommend the Land because it will have options for everyone, this way you won't need to split up ;)

Pop Centurion
08-30-2013, 11:30 PM
Sunshine Seasons has a wide variety & enough basic selections for your picky husband.
But if you want really basic then you won't get anymore generic than the Electric Umbrella.

Disney1977
08-31-2013, 11:34 AM
In Epcot we like the Electric Umbrella for basic park food. Also, they are the only CS in Epcot to have free drink refills.

We have two picky eaters in our family and I took them to Sunshine Seasons on our last trip. It was a total lunchtime disaster.

Have a great trip.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Yes my picky eater didn't find anything at Sunshine Seasons either

NJGIRL
08-31-2013, 04:27 PM
I think Sunshine used to be basic, but has gotten more into trendy type foods. I love it, but son not so much.

In addition to what others have mentioned the French bakery has ham & cheese croissants.

Kairi_7378
08-31-2013, 07:45 PM
I think America, Norway, and France will be your best options for a picky eater.