PDA

View Full Version : Bus Service Testing Between DAK and DTD

DizneyFreak2002
08-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Disney will begin testing bus service from Disney's Animal Kingdom to Downtown Disney... The testing route will begin in September and run through October 2013... The hours this route will be available is 3:00 PM to 1:00 AM...

Guests picking up the DTD bus at DAK will be dropped off at DTD West Side.. Guests traveling from DTD to DAK will pick up the bus at West Side as well...

DizneyRox
08-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Weird that they list this as testing, seasonal is probably more appropriate. They have in the past run busses from parks to DTD. I don't think it's been the other way (DTD to a park).

AK makes sense since people stream out around 2pm.

RedSoxFan
08-30-2013, 07:16 PM
I wish you could go to DTD from all the parks. It would be so much easier and convenient than having to go to a resort to catch a bus.

seanyred
08-30-2013, 07:48 PM
I wish you could go to DTD from all the parks. It would be so much easier and convenient than having to go to a resort to catch a bus.

I agree. At very least it would be nice to go directly from any park to DTD. I just wonder how they will prevent people from skipping on paying for parking going from DTD to AK.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-30-2013, 09:51 PM
I agree. At very least it would be nice to go directly from any park to DTD. I just wonder how they will prevent people from skipping on paying for parking going from DTD to AK.

Coming soon, RFID readers on buses to validate that all persons loading on a bus in DTD are Disney resort guests!

VWL Mom
08-31-2013, 02:40 PM
I just wonder how they will prevent people from skipping on paying for parking going from DTD to AK.

Maybe they're thinking that no one will be going to the park that late in the day?

ISLE39
08-31-2013, 03:10 PM
That shouldnt even be an issue. Who cares. The people are still going to spend money. Just like disney doesnt allow outside food n drinks in the parks but every single person brings stuff in Seriously who cares if they are resort guests or not

Goofy4TheWorld
08-31-2013, 09:15 PM
...Just like Disney doesn't allow outside food n drinks in the parks but every single person brings stuff in Seriously who cares if they are resort guests or not

Disney does not prohibit guests from bringing outside food or drinks, they only prohibit coolers and alcohol.

DizneyFreak2002
08-31-2013, 11:06 PM
Maybe they're thinking that no one will be going to the park that late in the day?
I agree with you... No one is going to go to DAK at 3:00 when the park closes at 5:00... This is to get those guests who leave DAK early over to DTD to shop, eat, and spend money... And I think it also keeps the route simple instead of having to ride to a resort, get off the bus and wait who knows how long for a DTD bus...

Main Street Jim
09-01-2013, 05:43 PM
They have in the past run buses from parks to DTD. I don't think it's been the other way (DTD to a park).Buses from DtD to parks were discontinued in the early 2000's, because people had figured out that you could park at DtD for free, then take a bus to a park. They were taking up a LOT of the parking at DtD back then.

Now, *from* a park to DTD would make sense during certain parts of the day.

JerseyDad
09-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Coming soon, RFID readers on buses to validate that all persons loading on a bus in DTD are Disney resort guests!

....that idea did cross my mind several times these past 9 days here in "The World".

.... but ...it mostly revolved around non-guests / persons that can get on a bus at DtD ....and return to a resort to use the pool, etc.

Main Street Jim
09-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Coming soon, RFID readers on buses to validate that all persons loading on a bus in DTD are Disney resort guests!*Years* ago, you had to provide proof of Disney "residency" to use the resort buses and monorails - even from Magic Kingdom to the TTC on the Resort side.

Daisy'sMom
09-10-2013, 01:12 PM
I remember when you had to show proof you were a Disney guest to use the buses. I hope they do, once again provide services to the parks from DTD, but I also hope you are required to show proof you are a guest. I bet the parking at DTD will improve. To many people are willing to park there, take a bus to a resort and then hop on a bus to a park just to avoid the parking fee. It's dishonest, but so many justify their actions anyway they can.

Scott C
09-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Took this bus two weeks ago today. The odd thing was that it was not a disney bus but rather one that seemed to be operated by mears. Also it dropped us off on the far side of cirque, where the seem to be putting together another bus terminal.

Thanks

Scott c

Beach Club Babe
09-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Yes, the buses being used are not Disney buses but chartered. Also, they do not provide for wheelchairs or ECV's. We used it this past week and they had to bring in a Disney bus for a man in an ECV. His wife boarded with him, but the rest of the family remained in the line. The bus then took off with just the two of them on board. His family did not realize that would happen and had to wait for the regular bus. Yes, we were dropped off by Cirque near the old west side bus stop. I wasn't expecting that and having to walk all the way back to the marketplace through some pretty thick crowds around dinner time.

pianobabe
09-25-2013, 08:13 PM
I liked the convenience of being able to go straight to DTD. Definitely not Disney driver friendly. The driver wasn't rude, but she wasn't nice either. Being dropped off way out in the boondocks was not what we were expecting. Hopefully if this is a permanent change, they will get Disney driver's and buses and a drop of at the Marketplace. It got mixed reviews from us.

Lizzie
09-27-2013, 04:04 PM
I like the idea of being able to go from parks to DTD. Wish they would do it from all parks but it would be great to go to the marketplace for shopping and eating,