PDA

View Full Version : Which moderate for an add on night?

spoiledraf
08-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Going the first week of December and could only get four nights at the GF with the discount. Lots of rooms available at full price but no thanks. We would like to add one day to our visit and want to try a moderate as this will likely be our last trip at a deluxe. I love my new retirement but it just doesn't pay we'll enough to afford the ever climbing prices at Disney! So a couple of 60 year olds who love Disney need some suggestions. :thumbsup:

JoDisney
08-28-2013, 10:06 PM
Port Orleans French Quarter. It is a small resort, it has one bus stop, it has boat to Downtown Disney, the rooms are nice with queen beds, and the pool is nice and relaxing. There is a hot tub, also.

buzznwoodysmom
08-28-2013, 10:30 PM
Port Orleans French quarter! It's such a small, quaint, beautiful resort. My mom, in her 60s, has sais this is her favorite moderate resort by a long shot.

Crow
08-29-2013, 12:38 AM
my favorites are port Orleans French quarter and Coronado.

spoiledraf
08-29-2013, 08:24 AM
PO French Quarter and CSR are booked.:( I'm only finding availability at CBR. Actually aren't any rooms anywhere. I thought this week was a slow period. I'm getting a little nervous about crowds. All the ADRs are pretty much gone too. What to think now! :confused:

Disney4us2
08-29-2013, 08:50 AM
We stayed at CBR and enjoyed it. As far as ADR's. I have been able to walk up and be seated. We did that a Boma the other day, but were there at their 4:30 opening time. Good luck, hope you can find a room.

disneymom15
08-29-2013, 09:27 AM
What about Animal Kingdom Lodge, I know that we got a super deal there in Dec 2010. We had originally booked at POFQ and this deal came out, it wasn't much more money either.

AgentC
08-29-2013, 10:49 AM
PO French Quarter and CSR are booked.:( I'm only finding availability at CBR. Actually aren't any rooms anywhere. I thought this week was a slow period. I'm getting a little nervous about crowds. All the ADRs are pretty much gone too. What to think now! :confused:

Are you only checking with for a discounted rate? The discounted rates are usually a limited number in December. I do see that a lot of the pass holder rates for the first week of December are gone but I am finding availability at the regular rates.

buzznwoodysmom
08-29-2013, 11:03 AM
If you can't find a discount at the moderate level maybe try WL or AKL. If you can get a discount at either of those it may be cheaper than a full priced moderate. Both resorts are a great compromise if you like the deluxe accommodations, but not the deluxe price tag.

Also try Swan and Dophin. These are usually priced much cheaper than GF and are in a wonderful location.

As far as CBR is concerned, it's our favorite moderate, but not sure a couple in their 60s without kids would enjoy it as much as we do. We like the tropical atmosphere and my kids love the pool. We tend to only stay there on summer trips when we want that tropical feel and plan to use the pool a ton.

#1donaldfan
08-29-2013, 12:12 PM
I love AKL, and all they have to offer. There should not be that much difference in the price for one night from Riverside to AKL anyway.....if you've never been to AKL, you may fall in love with it and not want to leave !!:mickey:

brownie
08-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Adding on at the beginning or the end? That could make a difference. And are you doing this yourself or are you using Magical Journeys? It could be helpful to have someone from Magical Journeys do the work for you.

As far as resorts, Port Orleans French Quarter would be my choice for a moderate to try. Animal Kingdom Lodge, although a Deluxe, would be something to try if you can swing it.